SimCity 3000 under WindowsXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
I just burrowed SimCity 3000. That's great, except it does not seem to work under WindowXP. I have tried running in compatibility mode, no dice. I regulary visit the Windows Update Site, so all the updates are installed.

After searching the internet, I came up empty on possible solutions. I know owners of SimCity 3000 Unlimited Edition reported it to be fonctional under Windows XP, but I have yet to find information regarding SimCity 3000. Maxis did not release a patch that I know of, so I'm pretty hanged by my feet.

Is there any solution ? I find it greedy that Maxis does not bother releasing a patch. I guess they want to force you into buying that joke Unlimited Edition. They released it as a full game rather than an expansion. Very clever... But I ain't that desperate.

Can anyone lend a hand ?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I searched around and did not find a solution anywhere on the web. My advice would be to contact EA tech support and see what they have to say.

S

Swilo

The Helper, did you by some chance get the replies for this thread and mine mixed up? It would appear so.

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
I won't bother contacting EA since this game does not belong to me. I only burrowed it for a limited time.

I could however make another partition containing Windows 98SE... How would I install Windows 98SE if Windows XP Pro is installed ?

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Could anyone guide me thru this process ? I don't want to mess anything up.

Situation : Currently using Windows XP Pro. I want Windows 98SE installed for playing SimCity 3000.

S

Swilo

I think it would require a format to ditch XP, then installing 98SE, then reinstalling Xp and selecting dual boot.
Not sure though.

K

KingOfGod

Put your resolution at 16 bit and 800x600 and someone tell me that its work.. i install my sim city 3000 now and i'll do that.. i hope its gonna work :)

M

mgamerz

XP has Different File System

Windows XP has a 32;64 bit file system.
2000,ME,XP has NTFS.
98,98SE has a FAT32-Unless you used drive converter.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Guys this thread has been dead for three years. I'm guessing NoNameRequired already fixed the problem, or skipped over it and did other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.