Skill error

wirawiki

Reaction score
I want to make a skill like thunder clap, but it also activates war stomp simultaneously. But this created errors as the followings doesn't work. (The war stomp didn't come up)

What is the solution?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Try adding War Stomp to your dummy unit before you order the unit to cast War Stomp.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Well there's a lot of things that could be wrong. You might be better uploading the map so we can take a better look at it.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
According to the above trigger, you are not giving the dummy caster the ability until after you order it to cast it.

Also, you need to make sure the dummy ability has zero mana cost, zero cooldown, etc. Make sure the dummy unit can cast it.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Also... check the casting time as you may have removed the unit too fast... Try making the unit visible to see what happens to it.....
Ps: You damage action also damage allies jus so u know...

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
Instead of removing your unit, just Add Expiration Timer to (Last Created Unit).
This will remove your unit after x seconds, this way you don't have to worry about
multiple dummies and removing the right ones at the right time.

akuzaid93

Reaction score
try removing the Action - Remove DummyFerdo to check if it really can cast the ability.

draist

Reaction score
in the object editor just set the Icon - Normal to None and it wont show the icon;)

Yes, that works but if his Hero has 4 or more skills the hidden war stomp icon can push the other abilities' icons around. That, however can be fixed if you set the War Stomp's icon Art - Button Position - Normal (X) and Button Position - Normal (Y) to 2. (On both options)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
So are you using a dummy caster or making the Hero cast an added ability?

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
Take a look at his trigger, he has 3 skill:
Earth Shock, DummySkillFerdo and warstomp <-- i think that is the same base spell

Earth Shock is his own spell, DummySkillFerdo is a spell added by trigger to triggering unit (the hero it self) and warstomp also a spell added by a trigger to his dummy. Then it could be Triple Shock not Double Shock, right.?:D

wirawiki, just do this :
Trigger:
  • Double Shock
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Double Shock &lt;--- based on Thunder Clap
    • Actions
      • Set DS_Triggering = (Triggering unit)
      • Set DS_Point = (Position of DS_Triggering)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of DS_Triggering) at DS_Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set DS_Dummy = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to DS_Dummy
      • Unit - Add War Stomp to DS_Dummy
      • Unit - Set level of War Stomp for DS_Dummy to (Level of Double Shock for DS_Triggering)
      • Unit - Order DS_Dummy to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_DS_Point)

Sorry i kinda lazy creating the demo map, if i get your spell correctly the trigger above should be the same with your spell.

Hope usefull;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.