Skins - Editing Skins in GIMP

Reaction score
Hey i imported the felhound and i think i did everything correctly i followed the guide very strictly...

So now where do i find it in WE? under which pallette and such?

G

Greenspace

...im stuck...

So I've followed your tut and it's amazing I've learned how to skin, thank you very, very, very much, :D but I still have a problem.:mad: My problem is with the converting and import part. I can convert into the correct .blp format but if i click on the skin in the tree then it dissapears. I may be being a total airhead but I am genuinly confused.:confused: I've tried ignoring it and just going to the import manager and importing the skin, but that part dosen't make since to me. It seems that I should be importing a model WITH the skin, not the the skin itself.:banghead: I need someone to clear up the procedure like I am a kindergartener... please?<3

S

seshmode

need help when i imprt the file into wc3 tft it cant red the file and my guy show up as a block help me plz.

M

me_me

Ok, I downloded The exstrator, but what folder is it in?
bin, etc, lib, setup or share?
I've been looking for the program for a goram hour!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

comparami

Reaction score
Is it possible to put other stuff on it rather than just coloring its body? So this skin will replace the red color felhound am i right?

Nice thread:D

A

Antizer

I had some basic files missing with Image Extractor, and when i downloaded and installed the missing files my computer found a virus. Where can i get a version that works without i have to download missing files?

A

Antizer

How can i do this with Warcraft 3 Viewer? I can't use Image Extractor.

A

Antizer

But when I have skinned, i can't load the skinned file with Warcraft 3 Viewer. Any idea?

PS. I repeat, i CAN'T use Image Extractor :p.

B

bixybixy2

'Elp Me Here!!!

ok what i did was

1-opened the extractor
2-saved Snakeward_Red to my desktop
3-opened it up w/ Gimp
4-Colored it (blue XD)
5-saved it over the Snakeward_red on my desktop

this is where i got lost,but this is what i did

6-opened "untitled" in the extractor,it said Snakeward_Red in the list,but had my blue Snake Ward in the image
7-i went under save,clicked image,and saved it to my desktop as "untitled"

this is where im SURE i F:banghead:ked up...

8-went to the model drop-menu and hit import manager (F12)
9-went to the file drop-menu and hit "import File..."
10-clicked and imported my "untitled" file from my desktop
11-this is what it said in the list
(every line is a catagory in the list)

Untitled.BLP
Image.Texture
war3mapimported/untitled.BLP

12-...i got hella lost from here out :confused:

help me out,peeps,i need this!

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Save your file as Snakeward_Red, first of all.
Now, assuming you're using Warcraft 3 Viewer (which you should be! :p), follow the path of Snakeward_Red up to the .mpq file. In the import manager, check "Use Custom Path" and set the path to that of the ward. (Example: Units\Human\Footman)

B

bixybixy2

ok im using "Warcraft 3 Image Extractor II" and it shows EXACTLY like the tutorial,and u saw the use custom path thing,it was a checkbox right?ok i clicked it,then hit ok/exit/w/e it was a few days so im foggy,but heres my question...do i save then exit BEFORE i put the skin on my custom unit,or AFTER i do that?:confused:

A

alfa_710

Ok i made evryting that i want to do with the skin i click save as and

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok i made evryting that i want to do with the skin i click save as and

You can't link to images on a local hardrive. Upload them first.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.