Sliding Unit Direction

Zealot

Reaction score
So I've made an ability based on Finger of Death that spawns a dummy unit. The dummy unit is supposed to go in the direction of the targeted unit, but I have no idea how to do this.
Code:
Unit - Move Natures_Wrath_Dummy instantly to ((Position of Natures_Wrath_Dummy) offset by 7.00 towards ?
? being what I have no idea how to fill out. Any help would be appreciated.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
You have to "Issue last created unit" to "move to target unit of ability being cast" .. Or somwrhing like that.
I dont have the WE in hand.. But it is an Action under the subgroup unit.
If you want to move the dummy unit instantly to your target, then use "move last created unit to possition of target unit of ability being cast"

Hope that helps.

EDIT: silly me.. You are asking something else than what I thought. Sorry I dont know how you retrieve the angle of which the target is facing..

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
makes a repeating timer that expires every .25 to 1 sec on mi, up to you here. Then use these.
Trigger:
  • t1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Finger of Death (Archimonde)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to ug_temp
      • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Target unit of ability being cast) as 1 of (Key (Triggering unit)) in h_pc

Trigger:
  • t2
    • Events
      • Time - t_temp expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ug_temp and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set u_temp = (Load 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) in h_pc)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Distance between (Position of (Picked unit)) and (Position of u_temp)) Less than or equal to 100.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child (Key (Picked unit)) in h_pc
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from ug_temp
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 7.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Picked unit)) to (Position of u_temp)) degrees)

Zealot

Reaction score
makes a repeating timer that expires every .25 to 1 sec on mi, up to you here. Then use these.
Trigger:
  • t1
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Finger of Death (Archimonde)
    • Actions
    • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to ug_temp
    • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Target unit of ability being cast) as 1 of (Key (Triggering unit)) in h_pc

Trigger:
  • t2
    • Events
    • Time - t_temp expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ug_temp and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Set u_temp = (Load 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) in h_pc)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
    • (Distance between (Position of (Picked unit)) and (Position of u_temp)) Less than or equal to 100.00
    • Then - Actions
    • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child (Key (Picked unit)) in h_pc
    • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from ug_temp
    • Else - Actions
    • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 7.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Picked unit)) to (Position of u_temp)) degrees)

Actually I had the trigger all set up properly, I just didn't know what to input in the trigger when I had to set up direction.

Trigger:

Is what I needed though. The Angle from pos of unit to pos of unit is what I was searching for. Thank you. Tested it now and it works, although your trigger confuses me. Looking over it, it looks like it would make the caster move forward but because of the condition it wouldn't do anything.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
if the condition is true it clears the hashtable and removed the unit from the group, if it is false it moves the caster towards the target.

So basically is removes the caster when he is in melee range of the target :p

augh... there is deffently some thing wrong with my version of the triggers lol, thats what I get for trying it for the first time :p

Update: LOL so finishes casting an ability is what was breaking it, works fine when I use begins.

Attachments

• Move.w3x
    18 KB · Views: 121
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.