Sliding?

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
OKay straight forward I'm making a map which the main objective is to slide around.

I've done alot of searching but havent put the peices together to find what I am looking for so maybe someone who was once in my shoes can point this out to me.

My story is: I want to find a trigger, preferably GUI format as I can edit GUI, that allows sliding on a certain terrain type (lets say Northrend - Ice) and only slide forward uncontrolable. Yet, if they get a skill or item they can control but only for the unit who has said item or skill, and not everyone.

I have either found tutorials or posts about sliding only straight, ones with leaks, ones with out leaks but no movement, ones with movement but not triggered by items, or they are in jass of some sort.

So, what I am asking for is:
-Ice Slide Trigger-
-GUI
-Controlable On Item Pickup or Spell
-No Leaks
-Movement is Curved (No Instant 180 turns)
-(Optional) Allows casting during slide :)

It would be so great if it could meet those standards.
And again I've searched and found broken threads, or problems with the slide I want.

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
I have made this slide map once for Jim, now I have modified it for your needs and now you can use it too. :p

Slide:
Code:
Slide
    Events
        Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Ugroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Terrain type at (Position of (Matching unit))) Equal to Northrend - Ice))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Ugroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set LocSU = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Set MoveLocSU = (LocSU offset by 20.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to MoveLocSU
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_MoveLocSU)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_LocSU)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_Ugroup)

Steer:
Code:
Steer
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Ordered unit) has an item of type [COLOR="Red"]Item[/COLOR] [B](I use [U]Claws of Attack +15[/U] in the test map)[/B]) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Set Sloc = (Position of (Ordered unit))
                Unit - Move (Ordered unit) instantly to Sloc, facing (Angle from Sloc to (Target point of issued order)) degrees
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Sloc)
            Else - Actions

Attachments

• Slide.w3x
    21 KB · Views: 297

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Lol yeah, I've been away from WE for a while and forgot a bunch of stuff that I normally would have been able to fix this myself.

Now that I see what you did the condition in the turn event with GUI I feel so stupid.

Thank you.

-=Swift=-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.