Some PvP Combat

quraji

zap
Reaction score
So I recently leveled up a DK to get an 80 on some friends' server. Hit it last monday, and progressing nicely in PvP. I started out in 2v2 arena with my resto Shaman friend, and we proceeded to fail miserably and end the week with a 5-10 record (I forget the rating). My friend couldn't play until the end of the weekend so I did some solo honor grinding and got what pieces I could. When he got home, we started up again with my several improvements and did way better.

We did a bunch of arenas, mostly winning until about the 1200's, where we started hitting some opposition. But, we kept going with 1550 as our goal. We ended up stopping before then (with lots of bouncing up and down from ~1520). We ended the week with a satisfying 1509 rating, 51-30 record (not counting our first attempt) and a Hot Streak achievement.
Last night I ran Naxx and got a nice trinket and t7 helm, and today I'm going to get hateful gloves with my points. So, I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do this week :)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Zamazat

Anyone else engaging in some PeeVeePee?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't really like your build. I play a frost DK / resto shaman comp and we are very good.

I have a good PvP set though. (Got two pieces of furious glads).

As frost the burst is very high and generally you will see 7-9k crits on low resil teams.

Rogue / Priest is a bit hard but with CC the priest is dead and the rogue is no trouble.

We are currently 28-0 so we have not played that many games but will report back.

If you want I can show my build.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
>>I don't really like your build.

Why not? =[ (make sure you were looking at my pvp build)

>>I have a good PvP set though. (Got two pieces of furious glads).

That's good. You have a head start on me :p

>>As frost the burst is very high and generally you will see 7-9k crits on low resil teams.

I've been experimenting a bit with frost now that I have better gear, and the hits are definitely huge, I'm probably going to give it a shot next time I do arenas. Unholy still does fine for me though, and I pretty much had no choice but to be unholy when my gear sucked (it's the least gear dependent).

>>Rogue / Priest is a bit hard but with CC the priest is dead and the rogue is no trouble.

Wait until you hit the higher rated rogue/priest teams. Gah, they're horrible. If you do start having problems with them, I recommend to dps the rogue (this keeps him under control and makes the priest heal instead of burn your shaman). Once you catch the rogue at 50% or so, hex-strangulate-freeze the priest and burst down the rogue. The hardest part is really up to your shaman to live through the initial burst while you're sapped (any good rogue will blind you if you trinket it, then sap you again once it's out).

>>We are currently 28-0 so we have not played that many games but will report back.

Yeah, we only got scattered losses in the beginning (several were due to flukes like dc'ing), it ramps up pretty quickly though so be prepared :p

>>If you want I can show my build.
Hit me up with an armory =]

But anyways, I'm just going to keep gearing up this week so we can really progress when my shaman bud can play. GL to us both :thup:

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I played holy pala+DK up to 1800 as frost. We got stuck facing some real cheapskates while trying to break 1850. Then try unholy and shit went 10 times easier and we broke 1850 without problem.

I thought frost>unholy, but after trying unholy, I made up my mind. :rolleyes:

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Tried some skirmishes as frost and did horrible, definitely not as strong as unholy. The burst potential really goes down when resil is a factor. Oh well, I like unholy anyways. I'll probably keep frost spec for bgs though, it's way fun outside of arenas :thup:

Haven't gotten to do any more rated arenas yet, not until Monday rolls around. I'll post with news of my grand success then :D

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Aye, frost is hugely dependable upon resilience on target, armor on target and if you can put off your 4x FS crits in row or not. Rime procs also adds to the RNGness.

Also, with the Sigil of the Vengeful Heart you'll clusterfucking shitloads of annihilating damage.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.