RPG Soulvayne™

How does Soulvayne™ appeal to you?

• Bloody Epic! This game has a very high popularity potential!

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Amazing! This is an RPG worth trying, with high potential!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Very good! This game has potential to become big!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Decent. Average RPG that has average potential.

• Needs work. This RPG is on the right track, but lacks many many things.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad. I don't see how this RPG could get anywhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible. This topic should get removed for showing such a horrible game!

• Total voters
S

Soulvayne

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXSoulvayne™

Still in it's very early stages of developement, Soulvayne will bring forth a more in-depth RPG in which players will have complete control of their character's development.

Soulvayne will not be created with pre-made cities like other RPG's, instead, Soulvayne will be a vast, unexplored world in which the players themself make their own kingdoms, raise there own peasants and rage war against their own enemies.
In Soulvayne, you don't choose your race, you are a random type of species from a water-like human to a Orge-elf-gnome with lizard skin. What's amazing is that you get to choose what your species name is. Even though not ALL characters will be different, the majority of Soulvayne will consist of more than 50 different type of species.

In Soulvayne, it's not all about quest or having the coolest looking character, it's about exploring and knowing your surroundings. Soulvayne will be HUGE with DETAILED environments and landscapes.
DetailImage2.jpg

Soulvayne will be filled with detailed forest, deserts, mountain hills, snowy landscapes, possible enough to make your eyes go "Wow!"

In Soulvayne, your character is in your own hands, your race doesn't affect the person you can be, you could be the most hideous species in Soulvayne, but that doesn't mean you can't become a divine being. In Soulvayne, your character will encounter NPC's which will gives you quest, It could be from grabing a few berries from a tree, but what you have to do with them can lead to other quest and conflicts for as you picked those berries, you don't know who they belong too.

In Soulvayne, you will gain Magical Powers depending on how your character is developed. If your character is nothing but strength, he will gain Magical Powers strictly on brute combat fury. Due to Soulvayne's complexity in Character building, Soulvayne is planned to have over 200 different skill choices. A single character could rack up as much as 50 different types of skills! Your character will have plenty of skills verity, but how you obtain them is how you make your character.

Soulvayne will also have epic amount of enemies and creatures. Soulvayne isn't leveled based on one point, you could fight a Mother Bear right from the start of the game! You have to use your intellect to out smart your enemy(s), sometimes, even at the lowest possible level, a Mother Bear could flee, but don't expect this if her younglings are near!

RabbitImage2.jpg

Perhaps the most feared creature in the land, the rabbit has power so great that we just HAD to put them in there, unlike typical boring demonic demons and dragons others RPG's make you face...

That was a joke...
Soulvayne will have loads, and loads of creatures and monsters for you to slain! Even though a dragon might not be easily slained or tricked easily, it's possible for a player to actually control a creature.

Soulvayne will also have traders and merchants for you to buy, sell and bargin from. Settlements you create with your character can have mutipul stocks for other players to buy from, which makes you more weathy. Sometimes, buying goods and products gets dull, well Soulvayne will have a TAX system.
A Long sword as the cost of around 55 helms (Gold) could cost 61, or 70. Which ever the tax is for that empire or settlement. This should make buying things more interesting.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXQ&A

Question: Soulvayne is very interesting, but what's the main object of the game?
Answer: The answer is giving out there quite easily. In Soulvayne, it's YOU who decideds what to do. Do you want to be a swine and try to assassinate everybody in a village? Do you want to be a Noble Knight that saves people from danger? Or be a brainiac and learn everything form every place and time? In soulvayne, you get to make an empires your heart could dream off. You don't "Lose" persay, Each game of Soulvayne last 2 hours, after those two hours, you can save your character and load him back up and play the same character becoming even more powerful than before. All in all, there is NO right or wrong way to play Soulvayne.

Question: Wow, such a complex leveling, gaming and map making, aren't you worried about bugs and how large the mapfile is?
Answer: For the first few test for Soulvayne will be done by me and paricipants that help me with this map. After the game is stabled, we might release a beta for other people to get a feel, and tell us bugs/glitches/ect. As for space, we're going to cram it to it's max of 4MB so people can still have a possible hope for playing online (which is what I am aiming for) 4MB is a load, but what the game offers will hopefully be worth it.

Question: Will everybody be starting in the same place? If so were? Do we start with anything?
Answer: In the world of Soulvayne, EVERYBODY starts randomly somewhere on the map. Although we are aware that this could cause problems, were are aware and will be adding "Safe points" around the map for your spawning character. This will give you at least a chance to get somewhere without getting crushed by a furious tiger. As for starting equipment, everyone starts with 125 helms to gear up and have a chance to combat creatures and become stronger.

Question: You can save your character, but what about your settlement?
Answer: This is probably the #1 most common thing a person would think about. Your character in Soulvayne is saveable. Your kindgom will not be however. The advantage of having a kindgom is income per minute and millitary for harder quest. Some high quest require a kingdom. The fact that you can't keep your kingdom each game is a way so each player actually has to put time out of their 2 hours to get the benifits each game. This could take a while sence the settlement must be protected well from other players!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAssisstance

If any person is interested in the creation of Soulvayne, please post here or private message me giving brief information of what your good at

(Critical) Currently looking for the following:

1. - A Skill maker with good intellect. Somebody who can stay focus on the game and will put dedication of skill creation. I already have a good list of skills, I have NO problems with a skill maker to create his own skills IF they are confirmed by me first.

2. - Trigger maker (Jass recommanded of course) who has a very good knowledge triggering. This the most critical part of this game, so if you want to take this place, you have to make sure you're ready to handle a big responsiblity.

Units, items, terraining, Icons, skins, models will be my part.

Requirements: MSN Messanger (Only one I use), Common sence, Creativity.

Thank you all for reading! I hope this game becomes a big success in the near future. Please vote on what you think of Soulvayne!

S

Soulvayne

Thanks alot for the comment emootootoo. :)

Soulvayne will be pushing it to the limit for online requirements sence Soulvayne's going to be near (If not bigger) than the 4MB limit.
We, who ever helps me, sence I cannot fully do this myself, will have to think of and idea to still put Soulvayne together while Soulvayne can still be enjoyable online. Soulvayne is intended for online gameplay :thup:.

S

Soulvayne

but I doubt you'll find someone so dedicated to JASS willing to help.
That could be a problem, but if I can't get these two (maybe 1 if they know both) then I will have to turn Soulvayne in the opposite direction and start from there. It will have the same concept, but will feel less developed, which it probably will.

duyen

Reaction score
eh Will I might be willing to help out in the triggering department (for a small part, not the whole thing).

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Nice, you made an attractive thread. :thup: One of the first steps to bringing people to respond and help. It got my attention. :)

About the terraining part, it just looks like you're massing doodads and things. You don't need to have hundreds of doodads to make it look nice, just some in the right places. And btw, the quality of the screenshots are... strange, lol.

If I had time, I would help with perhaps "skill-making" but with my currently-busy life, I'll help on the thread. :D

Good luck! :thup:

S

Soulvayne

About the terraining part, it just looks like you're massing doodads and things.
It's actually not alot if you look at it sky-view, it's probably because the picture is in 3-d view. Sorry about that :p. Might have over-doodeled in areas that don't need doodeling but I was having fun with it.

the quality of the screenshots are... strange, lol.
Having fun with the screenshots yet again. I though it might bring appeal to the pictures. I guess strange could be one of them. ;)

I would help with perhaps "skill-making" but with my currently-busy life, I'll help on the thread.
If you can help with skill-making then your my best friend. :D

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
of course it's not...I guess.

see look, it even has a trademark in it. kool.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Soulvayne is intended for online gameplay

does that mean it will have one of those single player prevention things/triggers saying: there are 0 players playing/game ends in 30 sec/single player trail/5 min/ etc.

i hope not....

S

Soulvayne

Dead?
The game or the Forum?
Neither to be honest.
The reason why I haven't been updating the forum is because I have been taking my time on the Terrian, no need for help yet.
Once the Terrian is finished than I will begin triggering.
The models, items, units are already planned ahead of time so there is no worry there.

So far it's about 35 - 40% done, It's a huge map that I am puting effort into.
I will provide the latest screenshots ahead of time.
I am at work so I really can't do much now.
Once I get home I'll see on putting some latest pictures up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.