General Speeders Beware. Police cars get BMW boost

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
b7370146ec4f49bf96ffabf066317a8b.jpg

BMW has agreed to supply turbocharged diesel engines to Carbon Motors Corp. to power Carbon's purpose-built police cars.

In a deal signed on Monday, Carbon ordered more than 240,000 units of BMW's 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder turbodiesel — the same engine used in the X5. In the X5, the diesel is rated at 265 hp and 425 lb-ft of torque.

The deal calls for BMW to deliver the diesel engines complete with a cooling system, exhaust gas recirculation and an automatic transmission.

Article

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Meh, some highway police here in NY have Dodge Chargers.

Total waste of money, wont change anything. They just wanna drive cool cars and I can't blame them.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Officer: Get in the car!
Suspect: No! no noooooo! omg it's really nice in here.
Officer: I know right

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG! NEW CHEAT FOR Vice City 2!
If you do:

X,X,RB,Up,Down,Left,Right,O,X,Triangle,X,O,Square,R2,R1,L2,L1

then the Popo will get these cars!

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Read this in Discovery Channel Monthly. Damn cool.

Total waste of money, wont change anything. They just wanna drive cool cars and I can't blame them.

These babies will change things, but I'm not so sure if they're worth the price. The whole shebang's absolutely bulletproof, and the doors open automatically for the officer so he can keep his eye on the fugitive even while getting him inside. Being able to withstand a crash of 75mph also makes things a lot safer for making roadblocks.

Hell, the back seat's even vomit-proof. Urine-proof and shit-proof too. There's a drain. For drunks and all that. :p

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
And why would they have to worry about being crashed from behind? They usually crash the bad guys from behind in attempt to do a PIT maneuver.

Open automatically? He walks up to it and the doors open up? That's pretty cool.

And if you ask me the "urine proof" etc. it dumb. Let the lazy cops deal with cleaning that shit up.

And I don't see a precinct having more like 2 of these with the price being so high. So if a normal cop sees someone speeding away from a ticket/arrest what are they gonna do? Radio in the this guy and he's gonna jet over there like the batmobile?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
So if a normal cop sees someone speeding away from a ticket/arrest what are they gonna do? Radio in the this guy and he's gonna jet over there like the batmobile?

They're still going to get slapped in the face by sportbikes, just the like chargers are still getting slapped by em'. :thup:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Italian police have a Lamborghini at their disposal. :p

Click

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Meh, some highway police here in NY have Dodge Chargers.

lulz yeah, I see half of the police cars in NJ are Chargers, but now they're changing again I guess.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.