Spell causing chrash

Amaranth

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I made a Hero, with custom skin and custom spells, everything is working fine though one of his spells causing the game to chrash.

It's based on Feral Spirit spell, except it summons a Frost Wrym with additional abilities and a custom art scale of 2.00. But around 2 seconds after it appears (summoning effect and unit appears normally btw) the game chrashes. The Hero has 2 summon spells though they're not based on the same spell and the other summon spell has a permanent effect, don't think they affect each other, but I don't know I'm confused. Any idea what's going on here ?

This is the chrash thingy:

war3chrash.jpg

Thanks.

Happy

Reaction score
are the speels triggered? how often did you use them? tell us a bit more pls...

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
Odds are that there is some infinite loop attached to the spell. Does your spell create a dummy unit that casts a spell, and could that spell casted by the dummy unit trigger the same trigger or another trigger again?

Please post your triggers if you want us to help ;)

Amaranth

Reaction score
Actually I didn't use any trigger, I barely do any tricks with them just yet so most of the time I do without them. But here's the information about the spell I did, if it helps:

Screenshot

The spell is based on Feral Spirit, I changed the icons, spell levels, number of units summoned and cooldown, mana cost etc. I used the same spell to summon many other types of units for other heroes but never I encountered a chrash. Is there something I did wrong this time ?

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
The crash logs are usually quite helpful when crashes do occur. They will be in your Warcraft Folder under Errors or Crashes or something. Just look for the date of the crash.txt. Usually the rawcode of the ability will be towards the bottom mixed up with several other lines of nonsense. If you can't decipher this, you could attach it by itself or with your map and I could figure out what specifically is causing the issue.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.