Spell help - Color Bomb

Wratox1

Reaction score
i need some help/directions on an ability im trying to make.

Color Bomb - Throws a Color Bomb at target location and turns all tiles inside a radius of 800 to your color!

I thought it would be simple, but i have forgot alot:( I couldnt think of any good point target spell except channel, but i couldnt get the missile art to work..

i want the ability to act like some sort of grenade.

I want the missile art to be "Abilities\Weapons\MakuraMissile\MakuraMissile.mdl"

I didnt find any other model that fits with this icon

if you know of any other models that goes well with that icon please let me know:)

so, if someone know of a point targeted ability that would work for this spell please tell me and also what fields to adjust:D or atleast the important ones.

i am going to use a trigger, since the tiles are destructibles and i dont know any ability that changes a group of destructibles to another type.

or if you got any other good information that will help me make this spell.

cherios //wratox

-._.-

Reaction score
Well you can base your ability on a area of effect spell, like Flame Strike (Human Hero Ability), change the art, add a buff "Changed Color" to the units on the area affected. Then make a trigger for the units that have this buff, making them change color (I don't know if this is possible without making them change to your team). Hope I helped.

Wratox1

Reaction score
well, wont that ability destroy destructibles? since its not units im going to convert, its destructibles.. but the trigger part is easy.

EDIT: i solved it using healing spray:

Data - Missile Count = 1
Data - Wave Count = 1

and the other values set to 0

and i use this trigger(its not really comlete but you get the idea)

Trigger:
  • Color Bomb
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Color Bomb new
    • Actions
      • Set tmp_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 350.00 of tmp_point and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set tmp_point2 = (Position of (Picked destructible))
          • Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Create a Red at tmp_point2 facing 0.00 with scale 1.00 and variation 0
            • Else - Actions

-._.-

Reaction score
well, wont that ability destroy destructibles? since its not units im going to convert, its destructibles.. but the trigger part is easy.

Oh well i misunderstood, thought you wanted to target units. Well if the targets are destructibles, I think I can't help you :rolleyes:

What you could do is change Level X - Stats - Targets Allowed, to the targets you want, I don't remember if there is a Destructible target, but you could only uncheck the unit targets.

EDIT: Never mind, you solved it while I was writting ^-^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.