Spell Trigger Help Required

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have this spell which is essentially Immolation, but what I want to happen is when it's deactivated, I want a wave of fire to emanate from the hero, damaging all enemy units in a certain radius.

My question is: How can I trigger the wave of fire which damages units in a particular radius?

Thanks

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Immolation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Immolation
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Deactivate Immolation
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

johnnymra

Reaction score
I am probably mistaking but the trigger you describe won't be bugged? i don't know for sure but stopping an ability counts the deactivation of immolation type spells?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
It doesn't count as "stops casting an ability". Immolation is never cast in the first place. What you want is to detect when the unit is issued an order with no target - "unimmolation".

death_knight

Reaction score
I know how to detect whether the immolation is on or off using a period time event of 0.01s, checking whether a unit has a buff, and a boolean variable. My problem was the special effect. Which special effect would create a ring of fire around the hero?

death_knight

Reaction score
Thanks, I got it working now. Is there any way to increase the scale of the Doom Death effects? Because I want to increase its size to cover a variety of different ranges around the caster.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Cannot increase a base model in the editor.

And wont this also damage the caster? I am not sure.
Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire

death_knight

Reaction score
Inflicted: There would be a way where you could use conditions to prevent that from damaging the caster.

KaerfNomekop: Good idea, but I'm not entirely sure how to use a dummy unit in this situation (because I've never really used dummy units before). Can you help me out with it?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Simply make a unit. give it the locust ability, make its movement type fly, no height needs to be set, under death, change does decay to does not decay and can not raise, remove its shadow under Art - Shadow Value or whatever, and then you can set its scale to like 3, and then change its model.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.