Spell wont target trees.

Holla.

Reaction score
Ok this is a REALLY quick question, and im probably missing something quite big but whatever.
I have a couple spells in a tree tag varient im making, and the only one that seems to be able to damage trees is flamestrike.
hear me out, ok i have my spell, war stomp per say. I make the targets allowed tab - Tree, ground, structure, enemy, debris and whatever else.
problem is, i use it and it doesn't do anything to trees. (Yes i made sure the damage was enough to kill the tree)
Any ideas?
i also had problems with a shockwave varient (varient of the "shockwave" spell, it just shoots fire not a shockwave) and a cone of fire varient (exactly the same as the original cone of fire but hurts trees, well i want it to)

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
About the first question, you can pick a group around you when you cast the war stomp but it must a consitions (Matching unit is A tree(or destructible)) equal to true, then you kill the picked unit.

For the other be more specific

Holla.

Reaction score
Is that seriously the reply i get, i mean honestly. What if i really dont want to trigger all my spells that target trees. What if i want to find the one thing thats a problem

sorry for being rude.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to be a man and trigger it, not every spell in world editor that is pre-made will kill trees even tho you set it to damage trees, etc..

Holla.

Reaction score
I think i tested it enough to realise that now, problem is im not too great at triggers so could someone give me a hand for those two spells.

(also how do you set a condition for level of an ability? I mean like: condition - level of ability being cast or whatever)

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • War Stomp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) War Stomp
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 300.00 of (Position of Caster) and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))

Caster
Unit
Array(No)

just change around the range of the stomp to fit how you want it.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
You could also change the 300.00 in that trigger^ to :

____ x Level of War Stomp for (Triggering unit)

This will allow you to scale up the damage radius for each level of war stomp.

Holla.

Reaction score
thankyou, and please keep talking. I have a trigger like that already but i dont know how to add the "level of ability being cast" option in conditions.

Also how would i do shockwave and breath of fire

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Open the drop-down menu and select -

"Unit - Level of Ability for Unit"

Then specify the individual fields.
---------

For shockwave and breath of fire, you would need equations to get the exact area that would get affected by the cone of shockwave/BoF.

Not sure of the equations right now.

Holla.

Reaction score
ok, whats BoF

also, the cone of fire would just be a triangle i think, and il try mess around with them, how do i get into this equations tab?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
There's no equations tab :p. You have to actually do the math for it.

BoF = Breath of Fire

For the cone....maybe something like:

Pick all units. Find the position of each unit. If the angle between the casting unit and the target's position is within a certain range then it gets added into a second group.

The second group (which consists of the units/doodads in the cone) is there to mark which trees to destroy.

Holla.

Reaction score
Bump!

I still dont really know how to do the shockwave one and the breath of fire one, i have no idea how to go about this 'math' in trigger form. how do i get to it

I KNOW HOW TO DO THE LEVEL CONDITION OH YEAH. JUST FOUND OUT.

Trigger:
  • War stomp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Infernal Agi
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to |cffb22222War Stomp|r
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 250.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))
        • Else - Actions
this is what i have so far for war stomp. and is the kind of style i want the other triggers done in. but with different kill radius's in diff directions obviously.

(the else actions will be another if then else, for levels 2 and three)

also last thing, how do you remove a certain amount of life from a destructible by trigger?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.