Spellbooks is a pain!

95blojoe

Reaction score
I am so tierd of this shit xD
1. Add abilities to the spellbook when the units reaches a special level, and don't link that "tutorial" by andregosu or what his name is, becuase it doesn't work.
2. Make it avaible to level spells inside of the spellbook.
Don't link the gose tutorial here either, becuase i've read it, i've tried it and guess what? it did not work :D

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
WTF exactly do you want? Is this an actual problem or just a random rant?

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
You followed the tutorial wrong.

1. Add abilities to the spell book when the units reaches a special level
AKA, the spells accumulate as you level. Same as what I said in the other post - simply add Levels to the spell book as if it was any other ability.. For each level you can add different spells.

Then simply make it every time the unit levels, you upgrade the level of the spell book.

Sorry, don't know how to do #2 without just adding/removing another ability (same ability, just stronger). This method is explained in Andrew's tut.
You could look at Andrew's second, less common tutorial reference: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110468

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Your not really adding abilities when they get to a certain level... Your Enabling them...

The spellbook should have all of the abilities with the correct max/min spell amount in the object data.

Then you disable the ones that the hero should not have at level 1.

Then when they reach the required level you will have a trigger that enables the ability for the specified hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.