Sphere Ability

Kangaxx

Reaction score
I've found something interesting while running around in object editor. It seems that Blood Mage model has special sprites to which are spheres attached. Other models do not have the sprite and if you attach sphere to any other attachment it won't fly around the unit. It will stop at the spot you told him to attach.
So i've come up with a question:
Is it possible to make the sphere ability function on other models like it does on Blood Mage without importing custom models?

jwallstone

Reaction score
Not really. Some of the models for attachments revolve on their own, such as the orb effects that rotate around the weapon.

Kangaxx

Reaction score
But if i base the attachments on an orb ability, his orb slot will get taken and thus he will be unable to use another orb?

jwallstone

Reaction score
No no, I'm not saying base it off an orb ability. I'm saying some of the models have built-in revolution. If one of the orb attachments looks similar to what you need, just use that and you can still use sphere (or better yet something like spiked barracades).

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
well i managed to get 3 lava spawsn to rotate around fire lord so i guess it must be the modles

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If your really interested in making stuff rotate you can trigger it. Small units with locust can be made to float around your unit.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
From what I know, the blood mage has attachment points around his head or something that moves (or something, never got into modeling units/heroes).

The only way to make that stuff that rotates is either to trigger it OR to have a model that rotates by itself, like some of the models from that Spirit of Vengence unit (Maiev's ultimate unit), it have little tiny orbs that rotate around it.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
That would not work, the Bloodmage spirit of vengeance unit both have a "sprite,first" to third attachment points, most other units do not. However, the ability's attachment itself rotates, while Rockets do not.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.