Split shot spell trouble

tmow

Reaction score
I want a unit to cast a shockwave, that will then split into three shockwaves which will then split into 6 of them, give or take. I have this so far...but the dummy unit wont cast all 3 just 1 or 2...why?

Trigger:
  • STart
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frosty Split
    • Actions
      • Set frostysplitcaster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Frostysplitcastpoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dumomy unit for (Owner of frostysplitcaster) at ((Position of frostysplitcaster) offset by (0.00, 0.00)) facing (Facing of frostysplitcaster) degrees
      • Set Frostysplitdummyunit[1] = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dumomy unit for (Owner of frostysplitcaster) at Frostysplitcastpoint facing (Facing of frostysplitcaster) degrees
      • Set Frostysplitdummyunit[2] = (Last created unit)
      • Set FROSTYSPLITDUMYPOINT = ((Position of Frostysplitdummyunit[2]) offset by (0.00, 0.00))
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Frostysplitdummyunit[2] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (FROSTYSPLITDUMYPOINT offset by 300.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
      • Unit - Order Frostysplitdummyunit[2] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (FROSTYSPLITDUMYPOINT offset by 300.00 towards 60.00 degrees)
      • Unit - Order Frostysplitdummyunit[2] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (FROSTYSPLITDUMYPOINT offset by 300.00 towards 360.00 degrees)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a few guesses without seeing the map:

Casting time of the ability - it may not be possible for the unit to cast three spells instantly like that given that each one takes time to cast.

The unit you're using. You only ever order Frostysplitdummyunit[2] to cast the spells - what happened to Frostysplitdummyunit[1]?

Mana. Does the spell still cost mana to cast and does the dummy have enough to cast it that many times?

0WN3D

Reaction score
Another possibility... The shockwave stacked with each other....
As in your trigger
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order Frostysplitdummyunit[2] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (FROSTYSPLITDUMYPOINT offset by 300.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
    • Unit - Order Frostysplitdummyunit[2] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (FROSTYSPLITDUMYPOINT offset by 300.00 towards 60.00 degrees)
    • Unit - Order Frostysplitdummyunit[2] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (FROSTYSPLITDUMYPOINT offset by 300.00 towards 360.00 degrees)

360 degrees is = to 0 degrees

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Look at what has been said above and alter your trigger so that it matches what they have suggested.

Please clarify which angles you would like it to shoot at.
Check that your dummy unit is capable to cast the spell multiple times if it needs to. (check mana and cooldowns etc)

Give more information on how the spell works etc. And i'm sure you will get more responses soon.

tmow

Reaction score
Thank you all for your attempt to help, but i really just dont have the time for this. lol
its out of my league =\

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.