Stalingrad Tactics

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Stalingrad Tactics. Not confirm project.
War game with different strategies, you play for German or Russian army. Primary objective is to kill the opponent force, by using different tactics.
In the map there are different types of things that give you Advantage or Disadvantage.

Terrain Advantage: The terrain has advantage that can be use for both sides. The holes in the ground add an extra armor for those unit that are in it, leaving the hole will take off that extra amor. Rocks are also a place to give you some advantage, it will give you evasion, meaning cover. In some holes the extra amor is more than another and the evasion too.
Poor Cover Zones, Medium Cover Zone, High Cover Zone. You will see it by the size of the hole. In evasion depending of how many rock are.

Terrain Disadvantage: One of the terrain Disadvantage are taking more damage. If you are over a hill the damage will be more, so this because you are expose to the enemy. Another one is the Bombing. Every random seconds of game air attack will come, it will damage to both sides, strike in a randon point of a playmap area.

Told you some of the terrain Advantage and Disadvantage. Just mention a few. About the units later I will say.

Units:
German Units: (Wait to confirm)

Reichswehr - The Armed Forces 1918-1935 - The units, formations and organizations of the transitional Weimar-era German Army and Navy.

Heer - The Army 1935-1945 - The units, formations and organizations of the German Army, from the largest Army Groups to the smallest independent Battalions.

Luftwaffe - The Airforce 1935-1945 - The units, formations and organization of the German Airforce, including both air and ground units, from the largest Air Wings and Corps, to the smallest Flight Groups and independent Battalions.

Kriegsmarine - The Navy 1935-1945 - The units, formations and organization of the German Navy, including all ships and naval ground units, from the largest Battleships and Divisions, to the smallest vessels and independent Battalions.

Waffen-SS - The Armed SS 1933-1945 - The units, formations and organizations of the Armed SS, from the largest Army to the smallest independent Battalions.

Wehrmachtsgefolge - Auxiliary Organizations - The history of the Armed Forces Auxiliary organizations that assisted or aided the German military during and prior to WWII.

Freiwillige - Foreign Volunteers - The history of the extensive foreign volunteer formations that served within the German Armed Forces during WWII.

Alliierte - Axis Allies
- The history of the European Axis-allied nations that fought alongside Germany during WWII.

Russian Army: (Wait to confirm)

Russian Soldier (With Weapon): Normal unit.

Russian Soldier (No Weapon): Non-fightning unit send to be kill.

Russian Tanks:Tank support.

The terrain is not finish yet as you can in the picture below. Just make a part to put the pictures. Had to work good to create a great war terrain. The trigger are being make, but it will take a while.

Anyone who offers to help with terrain it, great. Any ideas to make more real are welcome too.

Here is a screen about cover areas:

stalingradimage1nw8.jpg

stalingradimage2pb0.jpg

[
stalingradimage3ml6.jpg

stalingradimage4zd2.jpg

WindexGlow

Reaction score
Oh fancy!! 3 different tile types, 3 trees, and a unit with a custom ability!!

This will be the greatest game EVER.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
You hit the spot, thats all a game needs.. maybe some more info to fill it up o_O <3 <3

Anachron

Reaction score
Never seen a that impressive terrain system! also with trees and a soldier! Very cool! :p
Edit: anyway, nice idea :p

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Uhh.. Instead of using units with auras (hmm, shall we all remember Oninuva's "terrain interaction system" [not quoted for real] that "cover spots" gave +armour, rocks gave +evasive... :O), wouldn't it be smarter to detect the height level at the position of the attacking unit vs the attacked, and the one on the hill gets the advantage.

Estel3

Reaction score
Love the support from this site. Naminator just started the project (at least as far as we know) and already people are berating it. Come on people.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I can get some coolio icons if you want, maybe a few models, PM if you are in doubt ^.^

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Oh fancy!! 3 different tile types, 3 trees, and a unit with a custom ability!!

This will be the greatest game EVER.
Yesterday 09:31 PM

Got to work now.

You hit the spot, thats all a game needs.. maybe some more info to fill it up o_O

More info will come. Don't worry.

Never seen a that impressive terrain system! also with trees and a soldier! Very cool!
Edit: anyway, nice idea

Thanks. Had to work now to make better.

Uhh.. Instead of using units with auras (hmm, shall we all remember Oninuva's "terrain interaction system" [not quoted for real] that "cover spots" gave +armour, rocks gave +evasive... :O), wouldn't it be smarter to detect the height level at the position of the attacking unit vs the attacked, and the one on the hill gets the advantage.

This type of effect are made by regions.

Love the support from this site. Naminator just started the project (at least as far as we know) and already people are berating it. Come on people.

:p

I can get some coolio icons if you want, maybe a few models, PM if you are in doubt ^.^

Ok. I will tell you if a need anything. First of all is the terrain complemation.

More ideas are welcome! :D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
You have piqued my interest. I like the story of the Eastern Front. Will you be including different models of tanks, mechanized infantry, airplanes, etc.? I think that would greatly enhance gameplay.

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
You have piqued my interest. I like the story of the Eastern Front. Will you be including different models of tanks, mechanized infantry, airplanes, etc.? I think that would greatly enhance gameplay.

Glad to hear that. Any one intersted in history will like this. Yes I would, only I just have to get them. :p
It will increase the gameplay a lot.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Great. Make sure they are balanced. The German troops are fewer, but much stronger. The Russians, while large in numbers, were relatively ineffective, due to the fact that many of them went into battle with no weapon.

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Great. Make sure they are balanced. The German troops are fewer, but much stronger. The Russians, while large in numbers, were relatively ineffective, due to the fact that many of them went into battle with no weapon.

Yes. Thinks something of this for the German. Base on historics data. It would take a time to this..balanced German and Russian soldiers. I think of a system that if a Russian soldier retreat it will get kill by his officer. Time..

Reichswehr - The Armed Forces 1918-1935 - The units, formations and organizations of the transitional Weimar-era German Army and Navy.

Heer - The Army 1935-1945 - The units, formations and organizations of the German Army, from the largest Army Groups to the smallest independent Battalions.

Luftwaffe - The Airforce 1935-1945 - The units, formations and organization of the German Airforce, including both air and ground units, from the largest Air Wings and Corps, to the smallest Flight Groups and independent Battalions.

Kriegsmarine - The Navy 1935-1945 - The units, formations and organization of the German Navy, including all ships and naval ground units, from the largest Battleships and Divisions, to the smallest vessels and independent Battalions.

Waffen-SS - The Armed SS 1933-1945 - The units, formations and organizations of the Armed SS, from the largest Army to the smallest independent Battalions.

Wehrmachtsgefolge - Auxiliary Organizations - The history of the Armed Forces Auxiliary organizations that assisted or aided the German military during and prior to WWII.

Freiwillige - Foreign Volunteers
- The history of the extensive foreign volunteer formations that served within the German Armed Forces during WWII.

Alliierte - Axis Allies - The history of the European Axis-allied nations that fought alongside Germany during WWII.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent. Looks like you know what you're doing.

> Waffen-SS - The Armed SS 1933-1945

SS? Wonderful. Put some extra emphasis on them. They were the elite of the German Army. Always got the best equipment, training, etc.

> Luftwaffe - The Airforce 1935-1945
> ground units

Actually, the airforce had its own tank division. The Herman Goering division. Named after the head of the air force.

> Alliierte - Axis Allies

Might want to separate them, too. Italy, Finland, Romania, and Hungary were the only ones represented in the Eastern Front, if I remember.

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Excellent. Looks like you know what you're doing.

> Waffen-SS - The Armed SS 1933-1945

SS? Wonderful. Put some extra emphasis on them. They were the elite of the German Army. Always got the best equipment, training, etc.

> Luftwaffe - The Airforce 1935-1945
> ground units

Actually, the airforce had its own tank division. The Herman Goering division. Named after the head of the air force.

> Alliierte - Axis Allies

Might want to separate them, too. Italy, Finland, Romania, and Hungary were the only ones represented in the Eastern Front, if I remember.

Yes the German Allies will be next to them. Had to think how to put them in gameplay.

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Sry for the double post. Just add a new images. I need more idea about russian soldier.

Parsimony

Reaction score
A meaty part of the success of the Russians at Stalingrad was the terrible weather. I think you should add weather conditions and death from exposure (hehehe :D )

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Come again?
Just compare terrain heights at position of units >_<
Would remove ugly buffs and green + thingies.

But if would make me hard to do, since they are 3 different's types of cover zones. Actually it's pretty simple with regions and in my case, I haven't have green + thingies.

A meaty part of the success of the Russians at Stalingrad was the terrible weather. I think you should add weather conditions and death from exposure (hehehe

That's a good idea. Have to see how many unit to kill and all that. Good one.

Maybe a link to a beta-test of the map?

Not yet, when I have more to show I will post a beta map. Unitl that I will write things here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.