Health Stand-Up Desks Gaining Favor in the Workplace.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Although there's a decent homework load in the States and I don't remember having P.E. more than 2-3 times a week throughout my entire schooling, it still sounds a bit more focused on discipline than I personally think it should.

Our system is pretty abysmal when comparing to China, South Korea, and Japan. I have no idea how the competition over those places are, but they are practically much harsher than us.

I probably will say that disencouraging P.E. class may be an overstatement, but the number of P.E. classes decreases to zero when you're going through high school here. I don't know what to say.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I probably will say that disencouraging P.E. class may be an overstatement, but the number of P.E. classes decreases to zero when you're going through high school here. I don't know what to say.
Who needs P.E. when you have refreshing past-year papers to go through?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
We didnt have p.e. more then once a week too.
But we did some awesome things some times.
I really loved going with a canoe through the rivers of my local town. That was a really good time back then.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
We didnt have p.e. more then once a week too.
But we did some awesome things some times.
I really loved going with a canoe through the rivers of my local town. That was a really good time back then.

That's no P.E. That's a field trip! I have not had a school-planned field trip since middle school.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Well we did that kind of things in our p.e. class.
How is that a P.E. class? A P.E. class is when you sit in a large, messy group on the floor and your teacher demonstrates how your hands should be positioned when you run, or the different techniques to catch a ball. Then the whole class runs all over the place with some round bouncy thing.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
How is that a P.E. class? A P.E. class is when you sit in a large, messy group on the floor and your teacher demonstrates how your hands should be positioned when you run, or the different techniques to catch a ball. Then the whole class runs all over the place with some round bouncy thing.
Don't forget getting swamped with those bouncy red balls around you, and running for your lives.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Aww, you make it sound like you don't like dodgeball, Tom - you're a fool if that's the case!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I liked dodgeball.

In high school I had a cardio class and weightlifting to make up my PE requirements.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
We had mandatory PE in high school. I guess it's 'cuz there's too many overweight kids over here.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually have one of these desks at work and I absolutely DO NOT use it like that LOL! The guy who had the desk originally had it but it works perfectly fine normal too.

Also 3 pages and 26k views - Hall of Fame!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.