Steam contains virus?

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
So for some reason I'm not allowed to play CS:S any more.

Here is two screen shots of what is happening;

Why does Norton block CS:S? And why only CS:S and not other steam games?

Mr Zero

Reaction score
It just says that the game isn't available right now. Because Norton blocks it.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Lol Norton...

Delete Norton and get something better, problem solved. (Norton isn't even very good anyway).

That or try remove Steam from the Block List on Norton or something.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
In fact, I have been on a LAN, and I've had a friend with the exact same problems.

First of, we followed the instructions from steam, which didn't work. (but might work for you)

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=80&p_created=1092609531&p_sid=smjrV7Gi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTQ1JnBfcHJvZHM9NCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9MS40OzIudTAmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Then we deleted norton anti-virus, and it worked, but it should be enough by unactivate the firewall and anti-virus stuff.

Mr Zero

Reaction score
Yeah seems that they are working on it.

http://www.tweakguides.com/ said:
Users of Symantec's security products have recently been finding that they cannot launch Steam-based games. It appears the reason for this, as discussed on the Steam Forums, is that a new update from Symantec is inadvertantly flagging Steam games as trojans. Symantec are aware of the problem and are working on a patch, the only solution at the moment is to disable any background or automatic protection. Note that in general I always recommend (and so do game developers) that users disable all background programs - including security software - when gaming, as they are known to potentially cause conflicts and performance issues.

Though it only happens when I try CS:S not CS, HL2 HL2: DM, or any onther steam based games..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.