Sticky keys and other extremely problematic keyboard malfunctions

SanKakU

Reaction score
IS THERE A WAY TO DISABLE STICKYKEYS AND OTHER TIME WASTING KEYBOARD MALFUNCTIONS INTRODUCED INTO WINDOWS SINCE WINDOWS XP? The malfunction lasts for a few minutes regardless of whether i click cancel, ok or whatever. I'm just trying to use the keyboard normally and then the keyboard starts freaking out like say i want to highlight text to copy and paste with keyboard if i take 8 seconds or longer to do it stickykeys comes on and then i can't do anything for a couple of minutes...it's very frustrating but i haven't been able to figure out how to disable it.

The first sentence I typed was during the sticky keys malfunction, by the way.

if you try unchecking use stickykeys in the control panel you are forced to use them anyways so i don't get why it is so buggy and won't recognize that you don't want to activate sticky keys.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would say this is more caused by a problem with your keyboard, rather than sticky keys itself, as I have never experienced, or heard of anyone having a problem like this that was caused by sticky keys. It might be worth plugging in another keyboard and see if that works fine.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Does your keyboard have a turbo thing on it?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
first, I would point out that macs have the exact same sticky keys activation/deactivation and effects, ever since windows 95 or mac OS 6 (way before XP) - and 2nd, to turn off sticky keys, press both shift buttons at the same time - next, I would ask how exactly are you managing to turn on sticky keys? pressing shift 5 times in a row shouldn't be a common typo or part of any typing pattern... have you tried removing the shift keys and cleaning under them?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.