Stop a unit from playing Stand Left/Right animations

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
When you make a unit face a new direction, through triggers or otherwise, it will play animation Stand Left/Right. I find it very ugly when turning a unit only a small amount.

Is there a way to remove this behavior?

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
You can edit a units animations played in Actor -> [Your Unit] at the Events+ row.

You can bind it to behaivors etc. but I'm not entirely sure if there's a simple way to connect it with a trigger.

Anyhow I think you'd add an animation play - Walk or something similiar to make it look better.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Events can be empty and the unit will still play it's stand left/right animations when turning left/right respectively.

It seems that if the animation stand is playing while the unit turns it will instead play stand left/right according to which way the unit is turning. I want it to just continue playing normal stand. There has to be a way.

Edit: I've tried and tried, but no matter what I change in the actor, the turning animations still remain. As a walkaround I removed the animation baselines and triggered all the animation. Seems to work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.