Stopping dissipation

Hadezown

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
How do you stop a hero from dissipating when it dies? Ive tried removing the Dissipation animation and setting animation speed to 0% but they still dissipate.

Templarion

Reaction score
I don't remember the exact spot but in the object editor (F6) there is the field where you can change if the unit is "revivable" and does it "decay" when it dies.

Try changing the value of it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i am not sure but i guess your problem is that hero models got no 'decay' animation, because of that they just can't play their decay animation.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
You could hide the dying hero, create a hero of the same type for Neutral Passive, pause it, add Locust (call UnitAddAbility (whichUnit, 'Aloc') ) so people won't select the 'dummy' hero and to make it invulnerable (I'm not sure if it makes the unit invulnerable to triggered damage), and play it's death animation.

That's the only solution I can think of at the moment

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You could hide the dying hero, create a hero of the same type for Neutral Passive, pause it, add Locust (call UnitAddAbility (whichUnit, 'Aloc') ) so people won't select the 'dummy' hero and to make it invulnerable (I'm not sure if it makes the unit invulnerable to triggered damage), and play it's death animation.

That's the only solution I can think of at the moment

if you are doing so DONT FORGET TO ADD EXPIRATION TIMER!!!! or it ll cause mass laggs

Hadezown

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Oh and all this time i thought it was a stat field I had to change... Alright I guess an animated locust unit will do thanks for the idea.

PoZoR

Reaction score
i cant believe nobody here decided to check the game constants, because hero dissipation time is in there...

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.