"Structures Built"

B

BluSmoke

I have spent some time now balancing maps, mainly TD's.
But I am enternally frustrated by the Structures Built field.
I'll tell you why:
I create a builder unit (based on acolyte for speed of building), and supply it with custom made buildings/towers etc, in the Structures Built field as normal.
On testing, the builder often only ends up with 3 possible buildings that he can choose from (usually the bottom 3 slots next to cancel), despite there being say 5 in the field. If I delete a couple from the field, he will build 3 of what is left in the list. I can change the order etc but cannot seem to get more than 3 accessible at a time.
I guess it's a bug, but i can't find anything on it anywhere. :confused:
So i re-thought my designs and now use 2 or 3 builders each building a max of three buildings. This has worked fine in the past.
BUT, to my surprise, yesterday I noticed one of those new builders can only build 1 building, and none of the others in the Structures Built list. Arrrhgh!! :mad:
I've tried everything i can think of to fix this, but it's so frustrating and silly that I'm sure someone else has seen it and fixed it.
So... I guess what I'm asking is: Has anyone experienced this/ found a way around this?
Or do i have to wait for the new fandangilly version shipped with the FT expansion? :rolleyes:
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx all

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not a bug, its caused by the slot positions of the buildings you based your customs off being at the bottom. Thus, if your first building in the 'built' list was in tile (0,2), then if any other buildings are usually in that tile as well, you could only stick another 2 of them. This might explain why you see 3 buildings and not 5.

It is possible to modify the building positions, but the solution is to import a file which only lets your map work properly in single player not multi player.

The ultimate solution is to make your custom buildings BASED off buildings which occupy some of the higher slots. This should allow you to put more than 3 buildings on a worker unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.