Suggestion - New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I was looking at the rules, and the "No Forum Games". I know it is spam, but maybe, just maybe you could add a forum, and not allow the posts in that forum to count (I've seen it happen before). Of course you would have to enforce other rules in that forum so that it still isn't spam, but worthwhile games.

Just a little suggestion :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I did actually think about this myself, although I found nothing wrong with this idea, I'm sure someone will :p.

(After all, if there were no issues with it, it may have already have been added).

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Had exact same idea, i believe in some thread 2 months or 3 back, i said quickly in a non related topic forum, but i think its a good idea.

They had something like ths on Defiances Forums

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
And, really, what is the point?
I mean, if you're looking for entertainment, why would you want to do it on a forum game thread?
Meh, just my thoughts on the subject.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Indeed, don't waste your time on those little games.
Get WoW or some other MMORPG ;)

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
AceHart, I disagree, I think those games are quite nice for those who play them well. It seems that many people do want this kind of forum, sense there are requests floating and the games were quite popular if I recall correctly.

However, I do agree that creating a forum just for those games would be kind of pointless, and will call for rule breaking, plus it simply won't be active enough.

How about off-topic forum? Even more off-topic than general discussion, in that forum the games could go, as well as spams (the better kind of spams... If there is one), all stuck in there. That way, it could also reduce spams from other forums and put them in one place.

There is only one problem, always you can expect to see in off-topic forums rule breaking on some levels, that why I suggest you, dear staff, to put few, yes enforced rules that disobeying them will be taken seriously.

But now, I'm going to far, it's not very common that you big guys take our suggestions, so I have spoken, if you ever consider it, I'm sure you'll come up with what I said.

I rest my case.

Edit (Admins write too fast)

> Ghan_04

It can be fun from time to time, few games actually make me chuckle.

> SFilip

I don't enjoy MMORPGs anymore, and they cost money. I simply don't find this a satisfying answer, sorry (by all means, no rudeness intended). For some people it's fun, for others it is not fun, I believe the goal is to please those who like to do something, without causing any damage, sending people off to do something else, is simply... Wrong in my opinion.

An answer like "This forum is not for that" or "We don't want tons of rules being broken" etc. would simply do better in my opinion. :p

esb

Reaction score
I personally don't like MMORPG, and I think THOSE are a waste of time. But forum games are a simple and fast, and take only a few minutes. Some people could do something good out of it, and make it fun and worthwhile. And by "games" I don't mean the "Let's get the post to 10,000" or "Finish each other's sentences"... Some people are real creative around here :D
but it's up to the admins :D

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Indeed, don't waste your time on those little games.
Get WoW or some other MMORPG ;)

Rofl. :D

AceHart, I disagree, I think those games are quite nice for those who play them well. It seems that many people do want this kind of forum, sense there are requests floating and the games were quite popular if I recall correctly.

If people want to post about games, they can do that in the game forum or general discussion or something. Or go to another forum.

However, I do agree that creating a forum just for those games would be kind of pointless, and will call for rule breaking, plus it simply won't be active enough.

How about off-topic forum? Even more off-topic than general discussion, in that forum the games could go, as well as spams (the better kind of spams... If there is one), all stuck in there. That way, it could also reduce spams from other forums and put them in one place.

Yes. As SFilip said, make threads about those stuff, and if it starts to get overflowed, then they might make a new forum/subforum.

General discussion is mainly about discussions, so I guess it would be nice to have a spam heaven like gamerenders or an off-topic zone. It just shouldn't increase the post count.

There is only one problem, always you can expect to see in off-topic forums rule breaking on some levels, that why I suggest you, dear staff, to put few, yes enforced rules that disobeying them will be taken seriously.

There should just be specific moderators. The regular rules are good enough, don't ya think. :D

But now, I'm going to far, it's not very common that you big guys take our suggestions, so I have spoken, if you ever consider it, I'm sure you'll come up with what I said.

Yes, they hardly accept our ideas, because most of them are nonsense. But some, aren't.

Edit (Admins write too fast)

Yes. They do. :p

> SFilip

I don't enjoy MMORPGs anymore, and they cost money. I simply don't find this a satisfying answer, sorry (by all means, no rudeness intended). For some people it's fun, for others it is not fun, I believe the goal is to please those who like to do something, without causing any damage, sending people off to do something else, is simply... Wrong in my opinion.

Not all MMORPGs cost money, some are free. I'm not sure, but isn't Silkroad one? I never played it though.

Anyways, I think it was just a joke. :p

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I don't enjoy MMORPGs
> I personally don't like MMORPG
You two do realize that was a joke, right?

> simple and fast, and take only a few minutes
Very good point. I actually wasn't sure until now, but this reassured me that we definitely don't need these games around. Making a forum would encourage people to spam more!

Off-topic forum...who in their right mind would want to moderate that? Maybe we can make a new form of punishment - instead of banning we can assign someone there. :rolleyes:

esb

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't get the joke rofl :p

oh well :p
Maybe if mods/admins see good "games" that are worthy of their own forum, they will make one. But hey, atleast they accept suggestions :D thanks.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you mean like an Arcade Forum like mine on Goths High???
Because then i suggest you guys get Game Tags... (Sadly they only work fro addicting Games) or do you mean Forum Games as in those spam games that the baned from the humor zone

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Yea, word games like the wish game and others from humor
Off-topic forum...who in their right mind would want to moderate that? Maybe we can make a new form of punishment - instead of banning we can assign someone there. :rolleyes:
Assign Demi :rolleyes:
Hehe, I'm Jking

I could always try, i'd spend time there since im on TH so much. But the sheer amount of spam...it hurts to think about it :eek:

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
> I don't enjoy MMORPGs
> I personally don't like MMORPG
You two do realize that was a joke, right?

Woot! I was right! :p

> simple and fast, and take only a few minutes
Very good point. I actually wasn't sure until now, but this reassured me that we definitely don't need these games around. Making a forum would encourage people to spam more!

Hooray for spam... Nvm.. I mean, hooray for sarcasm! :D

Lol, it won't be punishment, anyone would want that kind of power. They would just want to moderate it for the rep and power, not to actually moderate the forum. xD

Lol...

>Assign Demi

Don't flame just because Demi does bad stuff. :p

Lol.. Assign darkchaoself... :rolleyes: jk

>I could always try, i'd spend time there since im on TH so much.

Lol, I don't think this whole new forum thing is going to happen. But good luck with that... =P

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Such a forum exists and functions pretty well at wc3campaigns.net, for example. It's not that such an idea doesn't work.

I mean, sure, we get idiots to post threads in there all time yelling and flaming about this and that, but the thin line of "bad" is a lot wider in Off Topic. There's even a moderator for it, though the site admins usually fix anything horribly wrong in there.

I suppose there are about 8 billion more people here on TheHelper.net which would add to the number of general idiocy threads... but you could just ignore all those idiots, add a site-wide coventry, or do something like that.

I believe it would work. The main thing to consider is having neither posts nor rep count from that forum, which would give a lot less reason to be an idiot there just for the hell of it.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Such a forum exists and functions pretty well at wc3campaigns.net, for example. It's not that such an idea doesn't work.

I mean, sure, we get idiots to post threads in there all time yelling and flaming about this and that, but the thin line of "bad" is a lot wider in Off Topic. There's even a moderator for it, though the site admins usually fix anything horribly wrong in there.

I suppose there are about 8 billion more people here on TheHelper.net which would add to the number of general idiocy threads... but you could just ignore all those idiots, add a site-wide coventry, or do something like that.

I believe it would work. The main thing to consider is having neither posts nor rep count from that forum, which would give a lot less reason to be an idiot there just for the hell of it.

Completely agreed. Rep that says " Zomg +rep for wishing for something and replying to another wish!!!1!1!" Wouldnt be good rep.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score

There are like 9,600 people here, but most of them just registered. It is rare to see like 40 people on at once unless half of them are guests.

Anyways, thehelper has more people, but wc3campaigns has more mods I believe, and most of them are actually active. Only certain ones here are active, many just left TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.