Synergies

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Something that's been around for a long while now... Blizzard put them in place for the sake of "skill diversity". True that they've given reason to put into the least useful of skills and they've made it so putting into some of the earlier skills will boost the skill you will focus in making the trip to it easier. However, I feel as though they restrict the game even more... Instead of just focusing 20 skill points into a skill, it's now pretty much focusing 80 points into a skill.

What's your take? Greater skill diversity, or more to spend on a skill?

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
>Instead of just focusing 20 skill points into a skill, it's now pretty much focusing 80 points into a skill.

Not entirely right. It's 80 points into a group of skills and not into one. The Necromancer's Bone Spear gets bonus from the 20 points in Teeth, but Teeth also gets bonus from the 20 points in Bone Spear.

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
You put into a group of skills, generally the skills are worthless that you have to put into to boost the primary skill. Like Blizzard: Ice bolt, yeah right... Ice Blast, in the same place as ice bolt... Glacial Spike, decently nice, splash freezing, but damage is bleh, it's only nice at all to cast between Blizzard cooldowns, and Ice Mastery, I shouldn't need to mention more than it's a passive.

And Blessed Hammer was already good before 1.12. -_-

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Not too long ago I downloaded one of those character editors to do a little experimenting with unusual builds. I made a necromancer with every last point into teeth and its synergies, just to see how strong I could make it. If I remember correctly, each tooth did around 500 damage and fired 20 teeth, while bone spirit did like, 1300 damage or something. So if you stand really close to a boss, a tooth necro can lay down the hurt. Of course, you would have to rely entirely on bone wall and prison to keep enemies away, which can get tricky.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.