Targeting is Messed Up

Kyuft

Reaction score
Hey TH,
More problems. I made a Force field spell that is supposed to target a unit. It used to work, until I changed the target location to target unit. It spawns the forcefield between the caster and the target instead of on top of the target. I don't remember what it was set to, and I tried setting it to parent value. Got any ideas?

-Kyuft:shades:

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
It could be a number of things causing your issue but it is hard to narrow it down without knowing how your ability was made. Either way I have a feeling that it is not the target location that is causing the issue but try changing it to Target Unit/Point just in case. If the force field is a unit, it may be a pathing issue (the force field is being created at the closest point possible to the target location which is between the caster and target). If you can post some more information on how the ability was made then I might be able to give you a better idea of what the problem is.

Kyuft

Reaction score
I'll try messing around with the footprint, but it used to work fine. I made a big-ish hole in the center of the force field footprint, but maybe it isn't big enough.

EDIT: It isn't the footprint.
EDIT: It was the Target: Origin Field that I changed. I had to set it to Target Unit even though the Target: Location was set as Target Unit.

-Kyuft:shades:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.