Report Teen girls who exercise less likely to be violent

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Regular exercise may help decrease violent behaviour among adolescent girls, according to a new study.

Researchers from Columbia University analysed results of a 2008 survey completed by 1,312 students at four inner-city high schools in New York to determine if there was an association between regular exercise and violence-related behaviours.

The survey included questions on how often students exercised, how many sit-ups they did and the time of their longest run in the past four weeks as well as whether they played on an organised sports team in the past year.

Students were also asked if they had carried a weapon in the past 30 days or if they were in a physical fight or in a gang in the past year.

Nearly three-quarters of the respondents were Latino, and 19 per cent were black. Fifty-six per cent were female.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
No one can argue with you if you have weapons of mass destructions like I do :D God, my biceps are looking good today. Just kidding, I don't even have biceps. I have Bones.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I remember those surveys. I always decided to be a black student that routinely carried a small knife. My background was in an inner-city gang from the age of 13 or younger, though I attended secondary school in a rural setting, with a strong drug addiction from 14. I often was in fear of imminent physical danger.

Varine

Reaction score
Eh, it's a pretty standard one. Regular exercise has been shown to reduce physically violent outbursts for a long time.

Varine

Reaction score
Not really. The entire structure of boys and girls is totally different, especially at the target age of this study.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.