Report Teenage girls earn extra cash for college -- as long as they don't get pregnant

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
When Mia Hubbard of Greensboro, N.C., enters Wake Forest University next fall, she'll receive a little financial boost from the nonprofit support group she joined in seventh grade.

For six years, Hubbard has belonged to an adolescent girls' group called College Bound Sisters, which focuses on fellowship, goal-setting, age-appropriate sexual education and getting into college. Hubbard will complete the program by graduating high school and enrolling in college. At that point, she'll receive a stipend of more than $2,000: a dollar for each day she's been a participant in the group.

There's just one minor caveat. The deal's off if she gets pregnant while in the progam.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
It sounded really rediculous when I read the title, but its not so bad when you actually read it. It basicly comes down to the girl being paid if she behaves. It may not be my personal way of stimulating positive behavour, but I cant really get angry over it either.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
The first thing that comes to mind when I read that headline is prostitution:p

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me:)

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Wheres the program to help guys get to college for doing simple things >.>

No getting paid to not get girls pregnant?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah I got pretty excited about it for a second thinking it was going to be some weird thing, but it's not... although much better than the news stations who tell me they have great secrets but I have to wait through six commercials breaks to hear about some shitty tool that some investors developed.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Where's my 2,000$ for not getting a girl pregnant! :(

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
its not that hard to not get pregnant ._. its like getting paid to to sit down

Some girls just can't keep their pants on, if you know what I mean...

I know teen mothers is a problem but if you don't offer help from both sides (boy and girl) there is no reason for the guys to care.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Girls are lucky.... I laughed after reading the title (but before I read the article).

Varine

Reaction score
Well I think guys should automatically get money because I'm pretty sure I won't be getting pregnant. And if someone paid for it I would take some classes....

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I know teen mothers is a problem but if you don't offer help from both sides (boy and girl) there is no reason for the guys to care.

Some good fathers are created this way, but these guys are rare to come by. Becoming a father after making a childish mistake takes a huge boost of maturity. Yet there are those success stories where the father takes good care of the child.

Varine

Reaction score
Some good fathers are created this way, but these guys are rare to come by. Becoming a father after making a childish mistake takes a huge boost of maturity. Yet there are those success stories where the father takes good care of the child.

I don't think having sex necessarily makes someone immature.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I don't think having sex necessarily makes someone immature.

That's not what I meant to say. I meant to say having sex as a kid (still in school with a job that pays minimum wage) is stupid.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score

I'll be one of those guys probably.

Varine

Reaction score
That's not what I meant to say. I meant to say having sex as a kid (still in school with a job that pays minimum wage) is stupid.

Yeah but if you're rich or something... I only know a couple of people that had kids in high school, but they're doing pretty well now. With or without dad. Obviously, though, they did not get two grand for college. Might have gotten more through government aid systems, actually....

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Its smart, thats all there is to it. Actions speak louder than words?... Money speaks louder than actions. Point made is that theres an oppertunity to be made if she stays clean, sounds good to me. I wonder if it costs her money to be in the club. =S

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Its smart, thats all there is to it. Actions speak louder than words?... Money speaks louder than actions. Point made is that theres an oppertunity to be made if she stays clean, sounds good to me. I wonder if it costs her money to be in the club. =S

It's NOT smart to pay someone for doing something they should already be doing for themselves.

Eh, the scholarship system is broken. I got a $500 scholarship because I'm 1/4 Arabic. Is that fair? No. I can't use the money anyways, I scored free tuition with this college and the scholarship only goes towards tuition.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.