Terrain Height Levels and pathing

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I'm still playing with things but I essentially need to allow my unit to move over a ground-unpathable area (space platform map where you remove the tiles and see through to stars and whatever) but not be able to fly up cliffs. I essentially need a mover that will act as flight when flying over empty spaces but act as ground when encountering a cliff.

I would like to do this in the data editor if at all possible and skip using the pathing tools since this is time consuming and would have to be redone if the map was reterrained at all.

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
i think you might need to play with heights , i haven't really seen alot on this but thats what im assuming or maybe collision set to ground???

Dan

Reaction score
Yeah... this is crucial to my map and is driving me nuts.

movers are TOO simplistic!!! they give you two options: pathing mover (fly or ground) and height plane (fly or ground)... the differences between the two isn't even all that understandable.

If I make my pheonix have ground pathing mover he won't go up cliffs obviously and I can paint the areas of my map with custom pathing (ground) so that my ship can go over the void... but it drops down like 100 feet so you can't see it while it goes over the void zone.

As far as I can tell there is no way of doing what I want to do. >.<

WHYYYYY is the anti flight zone pathing option SOOOO FAIL!??! instead of painting areas of no flight, you get a doodad that blocks flight in a small circular spot. UGHHHH

also... pathing (no pathing) doesn't stop air. what gives???

also: WHAT DOES DYNAMIC PATHING FILL DOOOO? and... WHAT DOES "no pathing" DOOO? I'm going to cry.

Dan

Reaction score
bump

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.