Text Editor is too tall (height is too high).

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Check this screenshot here (I'm using 1280x786 monitor):

UEGHL.png

The entire text editor took up a whole screen, this is somewhat annoying for a guy who post Headline News. I have to scroll up the outer webpage to reach the text editor functions (Inserting URL links), then I have to scroll (again, outer webpage) down to press Post Thread.

In vBulletin, the text editor compacts all of the texts within the text editor, thus I won't have to scroll up and down a lot just to insert URL links, and then post threads.

Please fix this. Thanks in advance.

P.S.: And yes, I used Alt + PrtSc to obtain this snapshot.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
This works as designed. What's the difference between scrolling the text box and scrolling your browser?

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
He means that he has to scroll the page to reach the buttons at the top of the text box. Which would not be required if the text box was smaller. Although from his screenshot, I see he can see the entire textbox + commands bar without scrolling the page...

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
This usually occurs when pasting a message, not when typing one within the editor. I believe the easiest fix for this is on the user-side. Simply click on the Aa button in the upper right corner, this will switch it to BBcode mode, then switch back to Rich-Text editor.

This switching of modes should reset it back to regular dimensions.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
So, whenever I paste a snippet of an article, I have to press the Aa button twice? Is there an option to always stay in BBCode mode?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks!

EDIT: For those wondering, I'm now on Google Chrome at school, editing this post. I deleted the last post of mine, because at the time, I'm installing Google Chrome while surfing the forums with an older version of IE, using Windows XP.

He means that he has to scroll the page to reach the buttons at the top of the text box. Which would not be required if the text box was smaller. Although from his screenshot, I see he can see the entire textbox + commands bar without scrolling the page...

There is no issue with the buttons at the top of the text box. I wasn't referring to that anyway.

What I meant was that I need to scroll down in the browser to see the "Create Thread" button and to click on it. In vB, the text editor isn't flexible (it won't increase the editor's height), therefore the "Post Thread" button in the browser is easily accessible, without the need to scroll the browser webpage down.

What I really wanted, is to set the text editor to a constant height, without increasing/decreasing the EditText pane.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.