The big baddy of D3?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
tyreal (not 100% sure dont quote me, i mean it) said the the soulstones were made from the worldstone, did he not?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I believe he did say that.

What's your point, however?

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
That the destruction of the Worlstone somehow erased the events of a soulstone ever occuring, so Diablo couldn't have ever had his soulstone smashed, meaning that he still lives and he just passed into the present through a time lapse.

Or something.

:p

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
That the destruction of the Worlstone somehow erased the events of a soulstone ever occuring, so Diablo couldn't have ever had his soulstone smashed, meaning that he still lives and he just passed into the present through a time lapse.

Or something.

:p

My brain hurts. :rolleyes:

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
May need to brush up on Diablo Lore but i may have a far-fetched idea that may work!

The Soulstones were indeed ment to capture the prime evil's souls, but what if they were only supposed to be temporary - until they managed to get to the Worldstone - where they would be banished for good - since the Worldstones power was great enough, where as the Soulstone could only hold it - with the soulstones destroyed however, they were pulled into the Worldstone, but the Worldstone was corrupted before they could truly be banished, and with the destruction of the Worldstone, Mephisto and Diablo are free once more.

Far-fetched, probably a loophole or two in there but meh :D

Ormagon

Reaction score
In reality i think Diablo is somehow revived, even with his stone smashed, or Tyrael is corrupted, seeing how that long ass cinematic showed some dude stealing that thing from who i believed was cain, who was in that small room. Then he found out it wasnt someone good, and he ran after him, looked like he was in a bar @.@

lol u just said teh entire cinematic all fucked up and watnot that cinematic was some random guy that was in a bar wen D1 hero walked in while corrupted and killed every so he decided to follow him with ended up him being were baal was inprisoned and then tyrael fight em and moron old guy ripped out the soulstone from the dude who was strapped to the pillar imprisoning baal so tyrael told hi to run or something he ended up in jail baal went to see him he trhought it was tyrael coming to reclaim the stone then baal walks away and burns down him cell and that the end of the old guy

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Sorry for the spam, it needed to be said. :D

So....you...make...more spam? I dont get it.

lol u just said teh entire cinematic all fucked up and watnot that cinematic was some random guy that was in a bar wen D1 hero walked in while corrupted and killed every so he decided to follow him with ended up him being were baal was inprisoned and then tyrael fight em and moron old guy ripped out the soulstone from the dude who was strapped to the pillar imprisoning baal so tyrael told hi to run or something he ended up in jail baal went to see him he trhought it was tyrael coming to reclaim the stone then baal walks away and burns down him cell and that the end of the old guy

Sorry, but i don't understand half of that.

I believe "u just said teh entire sentence all fucked up and watnot"

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
So....you...make...more spam? I dont get it.

Sorry, but i don't understand half of that.

I believe "u just said teh entire sentence all fucked up and watnot"

Nice. :D

Yeah, that cinematic isn't actually hard to follow. That just goes to show you how genius the majority of Diablo players are. :nuts:

I still like my unsensible theory. It makes enough nonsense to make sense. :p

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Nice. :D

Yeah, that cinematic isn't actually hard to follow. That just goes to show you how genius the majority of Diablo players are. :nuts:

I still like my unsensible theory. It makes enough nonsense to make sense. :p

Im only confused because i never played diablo 1 or read its lore.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
This is a NEW EVIL falling from the sky. I highly doubt it's Diablo's clone.

Could be something like the infernal. I mean, the infernal looked like a boss before wc3 came out, but it was a minion of the big bosses... And something falling from above could be an angel (tyrael fits perfect, wth would deckard cain be doing over there?), something from space (out of this world, or that world) or something was catapulted :p

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Ok guys, let's revise a few KNOWN things... (all info is from The Diablo Wiki, on which I just spent about an hour, reading interesting info).

First of all, the Worldstone. It was not created to stop the angels or demons to come into the mortal plane. It was created to hide that plane from the Burning Hells and the High Heavens. Thus, demons/angels can come into the Sanctuary, if they manage to see it and find a 'path' to it. Now, many beings from the both factions enter the Sanctuary, but we do not get explanations on how they manage to do that. However, with the destructions of the Worldstone, that means both Heaven and Hell forces can see and freely enter our world. It is said in-game that Baal taking over the stone means that the Hell army will be able to roam free into the Sanctuary. So, I suppose that Baal was going to 'destroy' the Worldstone, to say so. Actually, he would corrupt the stone so the mortal plane is no longer hidden from Hell.

Now we get to the second aim in the Worldstone's construction, which is more interesting, IMO. In the world of Diablo, humans are called Nephalem and the mortal plane, called the Sanctuary, was created by an Archangel. That Archangel, along other angels and demons, became tired by the war and wanted to leave in peace, far from the conflict. That was why the Sanctuary was created. That means (and it is true, stated on Diablo wiki) that the Nephalem are the childrens of angels and demons! It is said that they were stronger than both of the heaven and hell forces, so we come to the second role of the Worldstone. When the Archangel created that Worldstone to hide the Sanctuary, he also made it so the power of the Nephalem would diminish over the generations and he could rule over the mortals and they would worship him as their God (you have to understand that the Diablo (arch)angels are not as holy as their real-world counterparts :p). Thus, we reach the question: what happens to the Nephalem after the worldstone has been destroyed? Will they regain their power?

The second issue are the soulstones. There has been the idea in this thread that if the soulstones were destroyed, Diablo could come back to life. Terribly wrong :p. Actually, there were the soulstones that kept the Prime Evils alive. However, corrupted or not, they never had the power to kill the Three Brothers or to keep them from reviving. They were created (from the Worldstone, it is supposed) just to contain the spirits of the brothers and stop them from manifesting their powers. It all went good and the Horadrim managed to inprison the Prime Evils inside the soulstones and left the stones heavily guarded in separate places (Diablo - a labyrinth under a cathedral, Mephisto - a Zakarum temple and Baal - under the Aranoch desert, in a tumb). Unfortunately, due to Izual's betrayal, the Prime Evils knew that they could use the Soulstones' powers for themselves. Thus, during the time, they each corrupted the Soulstone that contained them and freed themselves or helped by their brothers. Thanks to that, the Soulstones became instruments of evil, extension of their spirits and powers. To ensure Diablo's and Mephisto's death, their soulstones were destroyed after they were killed. Only Baals soulstone was not destroyed after he was killed, but due to the link between the Soulstones and the Worldstone, Baal's Soulstone is probably an useless rock now.

Now I will start presenting some of my speculations/ideas: it is said that you will also fight the Heaven's forces in Diablo III, not only the Hell's forces. I guess this is because The High Heaven noticed the Worldstone's distruction and they are aware that this could mean the empowering of the Nephalems' beyond their own angelic powers. Also, we should take in consideration that when the Archangels in the Angiris Council noticed the Sanctuary's creation, they thought to destroy it, but they voted and the decision was to let it exist. It is not impossible that they would now go back at that decision and turn the table around.

As for the new Diablo, the most usual idea is that Tyrael would become corrupt and transform into Diablo. However, it is way to obvious. This is not Blizzard's style. I mean... they usually struggle to spread as many doubts as possible against the main theory. Remember the Diablo III announcing. They made it seem like it could be about WotLK. But this time it is just too obvious. However, while reading the Diablo Wiki, a fragment attracted my attention. Remember that in the cinematic after the Act II completion Tyrael figths Baal? Baal bounds the Archangel to the stone that he himself was bound to (through Tal'Rasha's body and the Soulstone), greatly wounding Tyrael.

What if Tyrael is corrupted by Baal?! Tyrael being an Archangel, member of the Angiris Council, as the creator of the Sanctuary was, he theoretically has the power to create such a plane and a Worldstone. What if he finds Baal's soulstone and, driven by the corruption, recreates its power and awakens Baal's entire power and spirit within himself, then proceeding to recall his Brothers from the Black Abyss? (Diablo and Mephisto have never been killed, in the actual sense of this word. Tyrael says the following, at the end of act IV: "Diablo and Mephisto have been banished back into the Black Abyss that spawned them[...]").

Also, there has been a pattern: first, it is Mephisto's awakening which is probably influencing Diablo's awakening (prior to Diablo I) (Mephisto is the first brother to corrupt his soulstone, as he was the first imprisoned). Then, in Diablo II, it is Diablo that frees Baal and the proceeds to free/meet Mephisto (I am not sure if Mephisto was imprisoned again or was corrupting the Zakarum monks, waiting for his brothers). It seems logical for me that Baal should be the awakener in Diablo III.

What do you think about this new theory? Discuss.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
hmmm sounds like an interesting idea. link me to diablo wiki i wann have a look at some of the things myself xD

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
S now the Nephalem will return and stronger than angels and demons? Since Inarius was tired of the Demon vs Angel war, maybe he will try to eliminate all but the Sanctuary.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
The Nephalems were stronger than angels/demons in the first place, being a breed between the two. But the Worldstone was built to diminish their powers and did so.

There is another episode which I did not relate earlier. Inarius' lover, Lilith, was a demon, daughter of Mephisto and also wanted the Nephalem to serve her, but Inarius wanted the Sanctuary people to serve him and nobody else. This lead to a conflict ending with Lilith releasing the powers of Uldyssian. Uldyssian and Inarius battled and ultimately Uldyssian won. After Inarius was defeated, he was captured by the Angiris Council. Following this, Mephisto made a pact with the Archangels and agreed to leave the Sanctuary (it seems that Lilith also called him in the Sanctuary) if he could have Inarius as his slave.

That means Inarius is out of play. The legends say that Inarius is kept in the Hells tortured and with the powers banished.

Diablo manual said:
He bound Inarius with tremendous chains and slowly tore the wings from the back of the angel. Great barbed hooks were then used to stretch out the once glowing skin and his features were distorted by vile powers. Many of the followers of Inarius were given as gifts to Baal and Diablo, but the rest were molded to match the bloated image of the now crippled angel. To this day, Inarius is said to be trapped in Hell within a chamber of mirrors, his eyelids torn from his face as he is forced to gaze upon his misshapen form for all eternity. His misguided followers now serve as Hell's taskmaster taking the anguish of their lost glory out upon the bodies of others.

More info about Inarius.

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score
I would say that a corrupted Tyrael is a good answer. Because on the D3 official site it says "The Heavens shall tremble" or something. And since Tyrael is an angel, that would be a good guess. Also, in the teaser trailer you see a short clip of Tyrael throwing his sword into the Worldstone. So i also think Tyrael as the new "Big Daddy" of D3 :).

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i for some reason have a strong feeling tyreal isnt the boss. i dk y i just dont think itll be him

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.