The Blizzard Open Tech Support Channel on Battle.net

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The Blizzard Open Tech Support Channel on Battle.net

This was the other Blizzard place I went to look for support on my buddies Packard Hell Sound Problem. I met lots of great friends in the Battle.net Open Tech Support channel. Battle.net forums were the facebook of the Diablo 1 days. Battle.net Channels were huge and the Open Tech Support was an official channel without a Blizzard official. This is where all the smart people Helpers were hanging out. They could get you back playing the game IF you were able to connect to Battle.net.

When I first got on the Open Tech Support Channel on Battle.net I was not The Helper. I was Chivas. I was The Helper on the Battle.net forums but not in Open Tech Support BNET Chat. In there I was Chivas talking to Wargy, Revenge Momser, Wolf, Laborat, Logical_1 and the list goes on.

The Open Tech Support Channel on Battle.net - I was addicted to it. They used to talk about The Helper in there too and I just used to kind of laugh to myself. I finally revealed my The Helperness after a while though Wargy knew about it before hand. I basically just started hanging out with everyone helping a few here and there while answer questions full time in the Battle.net Forums.

The regulars in the Battle.net Chat OTS Chat became a close knit group and decided to form a Guild called The Usual Suspects.

More to come....

Catastrophic

Cool Member
Reaction score
Today The Wolf passed... A fucking legend! Met him in OTS myself. Posted here just trying to get to everyone who knew him and loved him like I did. Spread the word to those who I can't reach if you can.

-Pepsi

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Today The Wolf passed... A fucking legend! Met him in OTS myself. Posted here just trying to get to everyone who knew him and loved him like I did. Spread the word to those who I can't reach if you can.

-Pepsi

Whoa! RIP The Wolf. What a loss that was one helluva guy there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    He walked away from the first batch, learned nothing and walked away from the second batch, and then tried to toast it in a saute pan made out of aluminum so it scorched immediately and then I took away and he was sad all day
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I know our range sucks but it's still a fucking fire down there, I've never measured it but I'm sure it's like a couple thousand degrees.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish I had a flat top grill in my kitchen!
  • jonas jonas:
    I wish I could cook asian dishes :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You just need a pressure cooker like an instapot for the asian dishes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they make that stuff easy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and there is a flat top grill I can buy that will work on my stovetop but it is pricey
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and I have no room for that anyway
  • Varine Varine:
    I have a thing that goes over two burners for my house, but it doesn't work great. I think they make ones that plug in where the coils go but it's not cheap.
  • Varine Varine:
    And yeah if you have a pressure cooker you can do lots of stuff really fast. Depending on what you're trying to do it ranges from really easy to really hard
  • Varine Varine:
    If you want to make tonkotsu broth, you're gonna have a rough time, but if you want to do like stir fries or something that tends to be pretty easy
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Ingredients are sometimes hard to find though, which is why we're doing 'fusion'. We don't have wok burners either, so it'll be kind of a weird transition
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Added another slow cooker recipe - this time a dessert - Slow Cooker Fried Apples https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-slow-cooker-cracker-barrel-fried-apples.192860/
  • Varine Varine:
    I have three teenagers apply for college that all asked for letters of recommendation with like two days notice lol. Like I get it guys, and I'm happy to help, but maybe tell me you need it before you need to turn these applications in?
  • Varine Varine:
    I guess they are literal children, so not exactly the best at thinking ahead. Fucking kids
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah they are just inexperienced and young
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm still horrible at that :eek: often forget things or do things on the last minute
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter is same way
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Saturday people!!!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure nobody cares but I am seriously considering taking the Gaming News forum and just changing it to General Gaming Discussion since I post so much about gaming in the General Discussion Forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    guests online 487 at 12:30 and none of them show up on the stats - all bots man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Latest recipe is a great one - I love Philly Cheese and this is Philly Cheese Meatloaf https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-philly-cheese-meatloaf.192935/
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Beep boop
    +3
  • Varine Varine:
    I for one welcome our bot overlords
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.