The Epicness That Is: Peasant Wars! (Name Subject to change)

Turnip

Reaction score
Peasant Wars!​

What is it?
For some reason you and a bunch of other very special scientists are stranded on some island. There isn't enough room, or food, for everyone. You must use lumber you gain from cutting trees to amass a robotic army capable of destroying the ENTIRE WORL--island.

Why the hell are you posting this now, if the map isn't even playable?
Why do Germans wear shoes?

Can I see some screenshots?
No! Yaaay!

This is just a small map I am making right now because I'm bored. So far I have created almost all the buildings, and some units. Oh, and the entire island is a forest. You start out in a little grove where you can attack trees to make a bigger base, or maybe hide from someone 1337er than you. Since you've all been so great, here is a screenshot!

bbbis3.jpg

bbbbie0.jpg

Buildings

1lumberyardfj8.jpg

Name: Lumberyard
Description: Serves as a drop-off point for harvested lumber. Also contains the upgrade for Lumber Harvesting and can research the ability to build Docks.
Use: Is required to build anything. The lumberyard allows you to collect lumber, which is needed for every building in the game.

1powersourcedt2.jpg

Name: Power Source
Description: Provides energy, which increases the maximum number of machines that can be created.
Use: The power source provides enough energy for 2 more robotic units or 2 more machines.

1roboticsfacilityae4.jpg

Name: Robotics Facility
Description: Primary robotic troop production building.
Use: Use to build the basic offensive robots, to destroy the enemy.

1researchfacilityfs7.jpg

Name: Research Facility
Description: Contains upgrades for multiple units and buildings.
Use: Research stronger robots, faster robots, more defense for buildings, and more.

1autodefenceturretej1.jpg

Name: Automatic Defense Turret
Description: Primary defensive structure.
Use: Defend your territory with the automatic defense turret.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So you get one peasent and you build a base to construct robots? Reminds me of Jurrasic Park :p

Sounds fun and like a map I would love to pla..y... pwn!

Elite Footmen

Turnip

Reaction score
Sort of, except you are killing each other, instead of dinosaurs. :p

Added a new screenshot.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Somehow before I even looked at the maker of this thread I knew it was Turnip :p

I like the robot thing you got going though.
You might wanna change the models around a bit, because it seems they are that in everything (arcane vault for research in at LEAST 3 tech-type-thing maps (in fact I think I was gonna make a map awhile ago with an arcane vault as tech centre :rolleyes:), barracks for robots seems weird, and why do you need lumber for robots :p)

Turnip

Reaction score
Somehow the scientist magically converts lumber to metal? Yes, lets go with that. :D

Can you maybe give some suggestions on what to change the Research Facility and Robotics Facility models to?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
That's the thing... I couldn't think of anything :p

Maybe use Workshop for barracks and ... I can't think of anything for research facility :eek:

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Wow, very good looking so far. I see you have that "Island Troll Tribes" gameplay just it's FFA. I like it. Good idea so far, keep working on it!

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Wow, very good looking so far. I see you have that "Island Troll Tribes" gameplay just it's FFA. I like it. Good idea so far, keep working on it!

Island Troll Tribes without the pesky task of scavenging the whole map for just ONE rock. :p Frustrating, Very Frustrating, I mean what island has NO ROCKS!!!.

Elite Footmen

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Maybe make a ship production facility, where you can train ships that go out to the water and collect oil.
Oil could be your secondary product (since you harvest lumber into metal, lol, maybe gold can be oil?) which is required to make speciality things.

Turnip

Reaction score
For the sake of simplicity and the idiots out there, I think I should stick with one resource. Plus, gold is gained when you kill other peasants, which can be used to research advanced upgrades.

Also contains the upgrade for Lumber Harvesting and can research the ability to build Docks.

And a docks already being added. :D

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
The one description I skipped over was for lumber mill... funny :p

Anyways, since you ARE going to have docks, there should be some rivers running through your island.

Parsimony

Reaction score
I think that ships being able to bombard the enemy base from afar is good enough. Also, nice map. I already wanna try it out. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.