The Fall of Danaral

Turnip

Reaction score
Hello, I have started working on this map a few days ago. (I realise I come up with alot of map ideas and never finish them, but, this one I am actually making great progress on.)

Right now I really need some ideas for the story, since it is not being based of off anything.

The basic, and I mean basic basic basic story is, The Holy Kingdom of Danaral has been weakened fighting the Rebels and Cults. It is now time for The Dark Empire to strike! Surprised by this attack, the Holy Kingdom of Danaral is now hurrying to get their defences ready. If the Great Gate of Danaral falls, the entire Holy Kingdom is vulnerable to attack.

The Teams

(Team 1) -|---- The Holy Kingdom of Danaral. This once mighty Kingdom is now falling. The rebels have made this Kingdom weak, and religion is slowly disapearing. Their main focus will be to keep the Great Gate of Danaral standing, or all hope for good in this world will be destroyed.

(Team 2) -|---- The Dark Empire. This team consists of those who only want power. They will do what ever they can to obtain that power, and will kill anyone in their way. This team's job is to destroy the Holy Kingdom of Danaral, but also make sure the Rebels/Cults don't get too strong.

(Team 3) -|---- The Rebels and Cults. This team is not allied, but has a huge armies from those who do not follow religion or are cultists. Their job is to destroy the Holy Kingdom of Danaral and the Dark Empire. The rebels can ally, but be prepared. If the rebels and cults get too strong the Holy Kingdom and the Dark Empire will focus their attacks on them.

The Screenshots

Here are a few screenshots of the terrain so far.

|

The last image is the view of the terrain currently, and is not the size of the map.

The Progress
Terrain: | | | | | | | | | | 40% Done
Triggers: | | | | | | | | | | 20% Done
Units: | | | | | | | | | | 20% Done
Story: | | | | | | | | | | 10% Done
Overall: | | | | | | | | | | 23% Done

(This post is copied EXACTLY from my post over at RingWars.org , so it may look a little funneh.)

*ADDED PART* Since this is not RingWars.org , you probably do not know what kind of map this is. This is a 'spawn wars' map. Like Ring Wars or BFME. For those of you who don't know what THAT is, its a map where you control a certain number of cities. Periodicaly you get spawns at those cities, and cities can build barracks, which increases the spawn. You DESTROY enemy cities you DO NOT take them over.

Turnip

Reaction score
BUMP

Please, someone atleast take notice.

NEW SCREENSHOTS:
|

Here is an overview of the terrain so far.

Attachments

• Bloop.JPG
    Bloop.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 199

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
I'm ok with writing histories of stuff, I'll help you with the backstory.

You have three options:
1. Normal Backstory. This includes the main backstory, important figures, and a couple of different side stories for quests.
Expect this in about two hours to six hours after I see your post.

2. Basic Backstory. This is just the backstory. A couple of important figures.
Expect this in about an hour to four after I see your post.

3. Extremely Long Backstory. This includes the main backstory, important figures, multiple side stories, semi-important figures, good quest ideas, information on just about everything from religion to politics.
Expect this in about two to three days after I see your post.

Of course, you're gonna have to give me the general guidelines and the overall "feel" to the map.

Turnip

Reaction score
Thank you both.

A normal backstory would be great for now. Here's the very very basic basic basic basic basic backgrounds of a few of the factions I have so far. There are a total of twelve factions. (Twelve Players)

Player 1 (Red) - The Holy Kingdom of Danaral. This once grand Kingdom is now falling. With rebels attacks and Heretic Cults, this Kingdom is weak. Their God has left them, and now if the great gate of Danaral falls, all hope for good in this world is lost.

Player 3 (Teal) - Settelers of Tiethmir. Tiethmir, known as the Holy City, is now going to war. They fight for all that is Holy and will die before they see Danaral fall. This strong Faction of religious fanatics is not one to be thought little of.

Player 6 (Orange) - Siv'Luth Nund. This Heretic has gathered enough followers to strike the Holy Kingdom of Danaral. Where ever they go, the land is corrupted and all life is destroyed. Siv'Luth Nund dwells in the burned Elven forest, Zehoanuil.

Player 10 (Lightblue) - Quu Tair. This Faction consists of all races. They are warlocks and demons, and are apart of the Dark Empire. Not much is known about this Faction, but they are feared by all.

Player 11 (Ruffian Rebels) - These men used to fight under the banner of Danaral, but now they fight for themselves. They have no religion and will do what ever they can to destroy the Holy Empire of Danaral.

Player 12 (Kageim Rogues) - This faction hides in the desert. They raid small villages at night, leaving no one alive. From all of these attacks, the Kingdom of Danaral is getting weaker, and must deal with them.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Ok then, I've finished about 1/2 of the main backstory as I post.
I'll edit this post later with my story - it will be in notepad.

EDIT: Ok, here it is: It's not that long, but it does include a fairly long backstory, along with important dates, and a couple of interesting notes.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
nice terrain, looks more natural by the cliffs and mountains.....cool...

Turnip

Reaction score
Thanks Pheonix! There's just one thing I have to say. . .

It's Danaral, not Dranaral. :D

But thanks. :)

| CREDITED |

Turnip

Reaction score
I filled up the entire left side of the map. What do you think I should put on the right side?

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Hmm... make different land forms.

Another land mass maybe?

Desert?
Tundra?
Steppes?
Glacier?
Jungle?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.