GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
"My familys lineage ends with me...

So far has the cruelty and madness of this world gone,
that a mother has seen her own sons and daughters die
in ways no one should.

What was once a glorius unity is crumbling before my
eyes, and yet my aching heart dares do nothing.

I was born a Queen and with it came the priviligies, yet
also the responsibilities, more than this old woman
can carry.

I hope that in these days of need a hero will arise, one
that will spark the light of a new dawn, so that my
failures will be ones of history...

These are my last words
I am not long for this world

-Cissian Solermus IV

I now leave Illidion to its people, hopefully, someone can
care for her, where I could not"​

The Realm of Illidion
Style: ORPG

Attributes:

strength.gif

Strength
-Melee Attackpower (1 Strength = 0.45 Attackpower, directly converted into melee damage)
-Reflecting in Physical abilities (many physical abilities will scale with strength)
energy.gif

Energy
-Spiritpower Regeneration
-Fatigue Regeneration
stamina.gif

Stamina
-Lifepower Amount (hitpoint equivalent)
-Fatigue Reserve (fatigue is used as a turnbased system, when you have used up your fatigue you must rest in place until it reaches a usable limit again)
willpower.gif

Willpower
-Spiritpower Amount (mana equivalent)
-Spellpower (1 Willpower = 0.35 Spellpower, spellpower will be additional damage to spells)
vigor.gif

Vigor
-Attack Speed
-Melee and Ranged Critical Chance (1 Vigor = 0.10 Critchance, critical strikes are by default x2 damage, but alters with some items.)
concentration.gif

Concentration
-Ranged Attackpower(1 Concentration = 0.45 Attackpower, directly converted into ranged damage)
-Reflecting in Ranged abilities (many ranged abilities will scale with concentration)

Items:

Instead of random enchantments such as in wow, which would involve a seriously oversized itemlist in my editor, I'm going for cool item attachments, credits will be given for models were due.
Item restriction triggers up and running for type, level and amount.

Itemtype list:

Armors:
All classes can only carry one armor at a time.
Crusaders may add up their armor by using shields.
And everyone can also use one headpiece at a time.

Light Armor, can be worn by all classes, but only has benefitial stats for the ones that are supposed to use it.

Medium Armor, can only be used by Assassin, Marksman, Shaman, Brigadier and Crusader, meant for Assassin, Marksman and Shaman

Heavy Armor, can only be used by Brigadier and Crusader

Shield, can only be used by Crusader

Helmet, can be used by Crusader, Brigadier, Assassin and Marksman

Cowl, can only be used by Oathbreaker, Arcanist, Monk and Shaman

Weapons
All classes (except Shaman and Assassin which can use off-hand weapons) can only have one weapon equipped at all time.

While the crusader uses a two-handed sword he cannot use a shield

Two-handed weapons, (Polearm and Two-Handed Sword) , can only be used by Crusader and Brigadier

One-handed Swords, can only be used by Assassin and Crusader

One-handed Maces, Can only be used på Crusader, Shaman and Monk

Off-hand Weapons, (Off-hand Sword, Dagger, Off-hand Mace), can only be used by Assassin and Shaman

Staff, can only be used by Arcanist

Rod, can only be used by Monk

Wand, can only be used by Oathbreaker

Bows, can only be used by Marksman

Other:

Potions - A potion or drug.

Scrolls or Trinkets - Scrolls or trinkets used to temporary buff up the hero.

Questitem, - Items used in a quest.

Rings, can be used by all, have diffrent uses and passives.

Item rarities:

Trash - Low damage weapon, with no special effects
Common - A weapon slightly better than trash, may have small attribute increments.
Perfected - A weapon with attribute increments and higher than common damage.
Magical - A perfected weapon that has a chance on hit or use.
Artifact - A magical weapon with higher stats, better use and/or chance on hit.
Legendary
- The weapon of an historical figure in Illidion, are often very high stats and with great uses and/or chance on hits. (about one for each class in the game and none that drops from the 'regular' bosses, only from sidetrack optional bosses in dungeons and/or world bosses.

Class Selection

First there will be an intro movie, then you will see a villager before you, picking up diffrent backpacks and reading the tooltips you get to choose which class you wish to travel as, when picking up one backpack you also get to see which gear your character starts in.

When you've decided, left-click the backpack in your inventory and let the games begin.

Classes

assassintest.jpg

Assassin
Prefered Armortype: Medium

Attributes:

Strength: 6
Energy: 5
Stamina: 4
Willpower: 1
Vigor: 7
Concentration: 2

The Assassin is a stealthy and cunning fighter, with fast sweeps and deep wounds this class
can cause massive damage.

Skills:
Blade Twist
Shadowsteps
Dreadmist
Windblades
Mind for Murder
Insanity

shamantest.jpg

Shaman

Attributes:
Strength: 4
Energy: 5
Willpower: 6
Vigor: 4
Concentration: 2

With the power to imbue its body and others with the powers of nature, the Shaman is an great ally and asset to the group.

Skills:
Ease
Wind Strife
Fiery Wrath
Hurricane
Primal Soul
Gaia
marksmantest.jpg

Marksman

Attributes:
Strength: 4
Energy: 3
Willpower: 2
Vigor:5
Concentration: 7

From far beyond the marksman can with a stroke of his bow scewer his enemies, under a barrage from this class, not many walks out alive.

Skills:
Stroke
Flurry
Seeking shot
Meditative
Heart and Mind
Imploding Infiusion

crusadertest.jpg

Crusader
Prefered Armortype: Heavy

Attributes:

Strength: 7
Energy: 4
Stamina: 7
Willpower: 4
Vigor: 2
Concentration: 1

The Crusader is a figher of the Azraelists, the true believers of the god Azrael, the one that gave her heart, body and soul for her creation.

Skills:
Grace of God
Sweep
Blood Feud
Incantation: Divinity
Martyrdom
Will of the Azraelists

Lore (Not all lore is presented in-game):

Also coming up ASAP, don't know when since Iv'e written some lore, quite alot actually but to present it in a thread seems, booring.

Zones, Dungeons and Bosses (estimates)

Since I'm having some multiboard problems (if you think you can help go to thread: ) the dungeons have been tested
one by one with just dungeons and not the inbetween PvE (I put the heroes just outside entrance) the bosses
might need to be nerfed or buffed, cuz I don't really know yet what level/gear one might be/have

More comming to fill between the gap of Zanshaar and Osdormia.

Dungeon(Quest, level)
Boss - Proper name
(The ]] prefix stands for optional)

Solermus Castle (From Deep Within, ~4) [Terrain [100%] Enviromental Effects [80%] Creepspawns [100%]
Map: Solermus Castle
The Butcher - Marthus Harath (100%)
Solermus High Counselor - Janious Alorium (Phase 2: Cissians Betrayer - Necromancer Alorium) (80%)

Alcurdias Estate (Vampiric Embrace, ~9)
Bloodfang
Caretaker Soohr
The Son - Hiri Alcurdia
The Count - Menthar Alcurdia

Vardus Haven (The Living Stones, ~14) [Terrain [100%] Enviromental Effects [80%] Creepspawns [80%]
The Twinsisters (90%)
Ginina Vardus (100%)
Sysa Vardus (80%)
]] Makrakar - The Boulderfist (60%)
Samus Vardus - Of Calm Storms (10%: only fixed position/spawn, model, damage and hp, no skills or tactics)

Zanshaar (Amongst the Dunes, ~18) [Terrain [70%] Enviromental Effects [50%] Creepspawns [40%]
The Sandsweeper - Sabakuru(100%)
]] The Hermit - Homono (80%)
Phealia - Queen of Flames (10%: only fixed position/spawn, model, damage and hp, no skills or tactics)
Jarguur - of the Endless Sand (10%: -||-)

Osdormia (May the Bloodfeuds End, ~31) [Terrain [70%] Enviromental Effects [50%] Creepspawns [40%]
-Plaza (The Highborne's fall ~31) [Terrain [100%] Enviromental Effects [50%] Creepspawns [40%]
Blackheart the Purged (10%: only fixed position/spawn, model, damage and hp, no skills or tactics)
The Highborne - Gregory Sannious (10%: -||-)
-Dungeons (The true veins runs deep, ~33) [Terrain [80%] Enviromental Effects [40%] Creepspawns [40%]
]] The Unforgiven Unforgiving - Marx Venatar (10%: -||-)
Bloodletter Hamofri (10%: -||-)
The Flamestarter - Lezter (10%: -||-)
The Warden - Mannicuz (10%: -||-)
-Keep (One of Innosence, ~35) [Terrain [50%] Enviromental Effects [60%] Creepspawns [40%]
The Bloodbolstered (10%: -||-)
Savious II (10%: -||-)
Terenhiil (10%: -||-)
Aldasia (10%: -||-)
Ripped Soul - Sepia (10%: -||-)
The Bloodhandler - Cruoremius (10%: -||-)
The Ebon King - Tyrador Osdormia (10%: -||-)

Kizutarami (As Five Heavens Burn, ~36) [Terrain [70%] Enviromental Effects [50%] Creepspawns [50%]
Cho'Ki - The Dweller (10%: only fixed position/spawn, model, damage and hp, no skills or tactics)
Gra'Zu - The Great Tide (10%: -||-)
Fhen'Ta - The Infernal (10%: -||-)
Tahla'Ra - The Stormcaller (10%: -||-)
Ozoun'Mi - The Eversung (10%: -||-)
Kizutarami - The Omnious One (10%: -||-)
]] Infestor of Innosence - Mahkl Jahck'Zuun (10%: -||-)

Altered Stuff:
-New set of attributes, I think it sucks just working with 3 and the primary attribute, *geesh* (Displayed as a multiboard.
-float-off text when damaging/taking damage
-Custom UI
-Skills will be mostly triggerbased since they will relate to herostats
-Lots of environment <> player functionalities, not only open doors but used in bossfights, terrain based happenings, spells/skills and traps.
-With the attribute system comes a new setting attribute system, similar to the one in Jarrachon

All feedback is welcome. Also I'f you find it similiar to another map I would appreciate you telling me so I can alter the concept.

Will add more info as the map grows.

Screens, so-far (new terrain with map remake, much better imo):

Osdar Waterfront
HAMN.jpg

Solermus
(hmm don't know if it's anything special, but i think it's cool, on these walls you can walk and attack from an elevated position)
town.jpg

And for progressions:
Terrain: [||||||||||] 30%
Triggers: [||||||||||] 20%
Heroes: [||||||||||] 70% (7/10 :))
Spells: [||||||||||] 0% :( Havn't started working with them yet.
Items: [||||||||||] 80% All systems go, only tooltips left.
Bosses: [||||||||||] donno rly how many percent since I don't know how many bosses there will be, I've made 2 so far, so lets say 5%, I like bosses ;)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
thx ;)
No more comments from anyone?
Comment even if you think the idea stinks, I want to know if the concept doesn't hold.

T

Tubba

You should probably rename it... The only thing I thought when I read it was "What, someone can't spell Illidan right?"

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, i dont think you did - gorgeous and spell :D. Anyways, seems like a nice, and soon-to-be developed map. But just my opinion, the hero names kinda seem... repetetive and kinda the same. good luck! :)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
>Pretty gourgeuos orpg (did I spellet it right?) nice story nice work. respect ;]
Thanks lots mate ;)

>You should probably rename it... The only thing I thought when I read it was "What, someone can't spell Illidan right?"
Lol ;D I'll think about it ;)

>Anyways, seems like a nice, and soon-to-be developed map.
Yah not so much done yet, I'm sorry to say.

>But just my opinion, the hero names kinda seem... repetetive and kinda the same
More then strider and rider I don't deem them repetetive :) But I might do some changes in names, you could always come with suggestions after I've added skills so you can see what they do :D

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Added 5 skills, say what you think of them and how they could be made better.
Also changed the name of 3 heroes to more fitting ones.
Fixed my attribute system so that it actually works in-game.

I've added bounty(gold) and XP system based on unit level and special if unit is an boss.

Not anymore done I'm sry to say, but it's a start ;)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Update!

Added some NPC info and Itemquality info.

NPC in the Sub-category "Questgivers and Storyline adders:" adds to storyline, NPCs under Vendors just says which vendors does what.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Update!

Added some new skills as they are what im currently working on.

However I'm also working on getting the custom UI going, if anyone has any answer to the following I'd be most grateful:

With 24bit: Images are made in targa and converted to .blp imported and tested, alpha channels not working. Tried importing targa directly to see if the converter was the problem, it wasn't alpha channels still not working.

With 32bit: Images are made in targa and converted to .blp imported and tested, alpha channels not working. Tried importing targa directly, SUCCESS but a minor one as 1mb images for each part of the UI will not work.

Anyone?

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Update!

Finished with 10 heroes (no all skills -not even close :( )) just the basics with tooltips, initial attributes, models to be used, sound etc.

Basic terrain finished layout and such. Will add details when i get to quests as they are dependant on each other.

Leveling system finished.

Experience system finished, as it is now (may change to balance) you don't earn xp from mobs 3 levels below you, you earn tripple xp from bosses and only friendly heroes within 1500 range of the slain mob gets xp.
You earn xp equal to the mobs level * 50
So killing a level 3 mob will get you 150 xp, level 3 boss will get you 450xp.
The 3 times xp from bosses might not seem as much but all bosses that "matter" are to be connected to quests so you earn xp that way.

In addition to terrain. First city Karabor finished, level 1-3 area done with creeps (must however do a creep movement system (booring when they just stand there).

Well, it's going forward atleast ;)
I'm not gonna give up on this project, will post first story part very soon.
The first part of the story is of the creation, and with it that means I will not only create story of what happens in the game but an almost complete background/lore type story.

//==GooS

Edit:
Forgot to say, I will not use an advanced hero selection system, I'm gonna use a hero tavern but will make a small intro cinematic so you just don't "hey I'm gonna be this guy, he looks cool" but a more fitting selection for an RPG style map.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Map remake

Im restarting with this map keeping the trigger systems I've already done, but new terrain and refined lore and somewhat playsystem.

Updated thread with the text that will be used for the intro sequence and two screenshots.
also removed what will no longer be used.

will update with new info asap, but have to sleep as I start work early tomorrow :p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Aw, I'm surprised this map didn't get more comments. It looks so much better. :) The terraining looks awesome! I especially like the waterfront one.

Good luck with this! :thup:

EDIT: I see that you don't have the hero info anymore. Well, if you need ideas, I'm here.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Aw, I'm surprised this map didn't get more comments. It looks so much better. The terraining looks awesome! I especially like the waterfront one.

Good luck with this!

Thx :) hopefully the complete map will go in the same theme and 'detail' although it might take to many doodads >.<

EDIT: I see that you don't have the hero info anymore. Well, if you need ideas, I'm here.

No they've been removed, as the hero's will not be built in the same way anymore.

PS: 4 energy drinks later there seems to be no sleep before work :D

S

Srauxus

Awesome

Well if i can find it ill definitly download and play it. Ill tell you wat i think, im quite blunt tho and pay very close attention to detail and the small things plus id have to lan it with all my friends as well and see wat they think so u have yourself an unofficial beta tester :) ill comment back in about a weeks tym once iv played it a few tyms...:p

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
There is no alpha since there is nothing to play, it's mostly just data yet, no one to carry them out, and about 30% finished terrain :) but on the good side I havnt gotten boored with it yet xD

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Big update of thread, atleast by my standards, if anyone has anything to say of the map, plz do :)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
The Icons look great. :thup:
Did you make them yourself?

Does the map have Save/Load codes / are you planning on making Save/Load codes for the map?

>"Hero Selection

>First there will be an intro movie,"
-No one likes cinematics. :p
I hope you can skip it?

Why is the title called 'Part 1'?

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Why is the title called 'Part 1'?

It was supposed to be a 3 part story at first, revised many times since then :p

>"Hero Selection

>First there will be an intro movie,"
-No one likes cinematics.
I hope you can skip it?

Ofcourse U will be able to, but I will die a little inside every time you do.

I will, with 99% certainty implement a save/load :)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.