RPG The Realm of Illidion

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I'm curious how you thought of the parts..
I mean, if one player plays through part 1, and has built up an awesome hero. They would want that awesome hero to be transfered into Part 2. -But new players would also want to play part 2.. Soo, how did you plan that?
Or did you decide to remove the second and third part, or what? (Maybe getting part 1 done is a good start, to begin with. :p)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Yes it is no longer a three part story, it's just one.

As for how it could have been it would be a story interleave, no hero transfers, to see things from diffrent perspectives, a bit of good vs evil with the flip that what you see as evil in one map may be good in the other. and so on :)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Update

Four of the classes are now there, tooltips for the others will be up soon when the trigger that sets their starting attributes is done :)

Exide

Reaction score
The icons for the classes looked a lot like Medivh, and not so much like the attribute-icons. I liked the attribute-icons much more, and think that you should try to make the class icons look pretty much the same. :)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
The icons for the classes looked a lot like Medivh, and not so much like the attribute-icons. I liked the attribute-icons much more, and think that you should try to make the class icons look pretty much the same.

Yah they are based on medivh ^^ and sure I like the attribute icons more aswell but i still want to keep the warcraft original borders for icons, could make ,, hmm wait I'll get back to this, check in after about 10min and I should have a compromise :D

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Here we go:

assassintest.jpg

shamantest.jpg

marksmantest.jpg

How about these icons?, I liked them more, how about you exide? or, well everyone :D?

Oh and btw, the attribute icons look more like these ingame as they have a border aswell

Exide

Reaction score
They're better. :)
Much more theme'ish, but they sort of look like stoneage men. :p
When I saw the attribute icons I was thinking Rome, gladiators, phlanax', etc. :p

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
They're better.
Much more theme'ish, but they sort of look like stoneage men.
When I saw the attribute icons I was thinking Rome, gladiators, phlanax', etc.

Yah, they do look a bit brutish, stoneage type of guys. but in the big all with the custom UI they look just fine ;) I'll post a fullscreen with UI once it's completely operational :)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
UPDATE!

Dungeon info is now online :)

Zones, Dungeons and Bosses (estimates)

Since I'm having some multiboard problems (if you think you can help go to thread: ) the dungeons have been tested
one by one with just dungeons and not the inbetween PvE (I put the heroes just outside entrance) the bosses
might need to be nerfed or buffed, cuz I don't really know yet what level/gear one might be/have

More comming to fill between the gap of Zanshaar and Osdormia.

Dungeon(Quest, level)
Boss - Proper name
(The ]] prefix stands for optional)

Solermus Castle (From Deep Within, ~4) [Terrain [100%] Enviromental Effects [80%] Creepspawns [100%]
The Butcher - Marthus Harath (100%)
Solermus High Counselor - Janious Alorium (Phase 2: Cissians Betrayer - Necromancer Alorium) (80%)

Alcurdias Estate (Vampiric Embrace, ~9)
Bloodfang
Caretaker Soohr
The Son - Hiri Alcurdia
The Count - Menthar Alcurdia

Vardus Haven (The Living Stones, ~14) [Terrain [100%] Enviromental Effects [80%] Creepspawns [80%]
The Twinsisters (90%)
Ginina Vardus (100%)
Sysa Vardus (80%)
]] Makrakar - The Boulderfist (60%)
Samus Vardus - Of Calm Storms (10%: only fixed position/spawn, model, damage and hp, no skills or tactics)

Zanshaar (Amongst the Dunes, ~18) [Terrain [70%] Enviromental Effects [50%] Creepspawns [40%]
The Sandsweeper - Sabakuru(100%)
]] The Hermit - Homono (80%)
Phealia - Queen of Flames (10%: only fixed position/spawn, model, damage and hp, no skills or tactics)
Jarguur - of the Endless Sand (10%: -||-)

Osdormia (May the Bloodfeuds End, ~31) [Terrain [70%] Enviromental Effects [50%] Creepspawns [40%]
-Plaza (The Highborne's fall ~31) [Terrain [100%] Enviromental Effects [50%] Creepspawns [40%]
Blackheart the Purged (10%: only fixed position/spawn, model, damage and hp, no skills or tactics)
The Highborne - Gregory Sannious (10%: -||-)
-Dungeons (The true veins runs deep, ~33) [Terrain [80%] Enviromental Effects [40%] Creepspawns [40%]
]] The Unforgiven Unforgiving - Marx Venatar (10%: -||-)
Bloodletter Hamofri (10%: -||-)
The Flamestarter - Lezter (10%: -||-)
The Warden - Mannicuz (10%: -||-)
-Keep (One of Innosence, ~35) [Terrain [50%] Enviromental Effects [60%] Creepspawns [40%]
The Bloodbolstered (10%: -||-)
Savious II (10%: -||-)
Terenhiil (10%: -||-)
Aldasia (10%: -||-)
Ripped Soul - Sepia (10%: -||-)
The Bloodhandler - Cruoremius (10%: -||-)
The Ebon King - Tyrador Osdormia (10%: -||-)

Kizutarami (As Five Heavens Burn, ~36) [Terrain [70%] Enviromental Effects [50%] Creepspawns [50%]
Cho'Ki - The Dweller (10%: only fixed position/spawn, model, damage and hp, no skills or tactics)
Gra'Zu - The Great Tide (10%: -||-)
Fhen'Ta - The Infernal (10%: -||-)
Tahla'Ra - The Stormcaller (10%: -||-)
Ozoun'Mi - The Eversung (10%: -||-)
Kizutarami - The Omnious One (10%: -||-)
]] Infestor of Innosence - Mahkl Jahck'Zuun (10%: -||-)

Any questions, just post and I'll be more than happy to reply ^^

MakazeHikari

Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't get it, How did you get away with double posting so many times...
I did it ONCE 2 years ago, and I got -repped out the butt.

:(

Anyway, Your map sounds great.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I don't get it, How did you get away with double posting so many times...
I did it ONCE 2 years ago, and I got -repped out the butt.

The most are 24 hours apart and the once that are not, are updates or in some way replies to an earlier post.

Anyway, Your map sounds great.

Thx, having some problems though :)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
UPDATE TRoI v0.0.22 (aslong as im only working with systems there will be no real version, thus no alpha or beta testing)

Well, I'll be happy to help, if you want...Just hit me up on My Aim, or Yahoo!.

both of the screennames are the same as my screenie on here.

Anyway, when can we expect to see the map?

Problem solved, sry but it's a solo project, it's not for speedy finish but to learn more about triggering mostly and what can be done with WE.

Anyways, the problem was with private multiboards to display attributes, the initiation worked but not the update: read here for more info would stil like to use multiboards, but currently solved with a -hero command to display a dialog.

Anyways if you've read #0 you'll know there are 6 attributes, I got Stamina, Energy, Strength, Vigor and Concentration up and running, thus setting melee attackpower, ranged attackpower, regens, hitpoints, mana finished. Combat, Armor reduction, damage and crit (based on attributes) done including item bonuses.

For testing purposes i've made the 'best' items for the assassin class and tested with: see here to get it.
(in picture: green damage is damage gained from items not included in base damage gained from attackpower(strength) also remeber that this is highlevel gear on a level 1 char som stats are not completely correct.)

This is a big update on my part, as now when the combat system and attributes work I can start making items, mobs etc. knowing what their values should be relatively to gear and player stats. Also I can start making skills, basicaly I can start making the map now :)

Any questions and/or any feedback is more than welcome!

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
UPDATE

Done with all itemstuff, restrictions, itemtypes etc.

Had to remake the system cus there were to few classes to use that.

Anyways, with alot of trying and failing, here's the info of the now working itemsystem:

Items:

Instead of random enchantments such as in wow, which would involve a seriously oversized itemlist in my editor, I'm going for cool item attachments, credits will be given for models were due.
Item restriction triggers up and running for type, level and amount.

Itemtype list:

Armors:
All classes can only carry one armor at a time.
Crusaders may add up their armor by using shields.
And everyone can also use one headpiece at a time.

Light Armor, can be worn by all classes, but only has benefitial stats for the ones that are supposed to use it.

Medium Armor, can only be used by Assassin, Marksman, Shaman, Brigadier and Crusader, meant for Assassin, Marksman and Shaman

Heavy Armor, can only be used by Brigadier and Crusader

Shield, can only be used by Crusader

Helmet, can be used by Crusader, Brigadier, Assassin and Marksman

Cowl, can only be used by Oathbreaker, Arcanist, Monk and Shaman

Weapons
All classes (except Shaman and Assassin which can use off-hand weapons) can only have one weapon equipped at all time.

While the crusader uses a two-handed sword he cannot use a shield

Two-handed weapons, (Polearm and Two-Handed Sword) , can only be used by Crusader and Brigadier

One-handed Swords, can only be used by Assassin and Crusader

One-handed Maces, Can only be used på Crusader, Shaman and Monk

Off-hand Weapons, (Off-hand Sword, Dagger, Off-hand Mace), can only be used by Assassin and Shaman

Staff, can only be used by Arcanist

Rod, can only be used by Monk

Wand, can only be used by Oathbreaker

Bows, can only be used by Marksman

Other:

Potions - A potion or drug.

Scrolls or Trinkets - Scrolls or trinkets used to temporary buff up the hero.

Questitem, - Items used in a quest.

Rings, can be used by all, have diffrent uses and passives.

Item rarities:

Trash - Low damage weapon, with no special effects
Common - A weapon slightly better than trash, may have small attribute increments.
Perfected - A weapon with attribute increments and higher than common damage.
Magical - A perfected weapon that has a chance on hit or use.
Artifact - A magical weapon with higher stats, better use and/or chance on hit.
Legendary
- The weapon of an historical figure in Illidion, are often very high stats and with great uses and/or chance on hits. (about one for each class in the game and none that drops from the 'regular' bosses, only from sidetrack optional bosses in dungeons and/or world bosses.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.