The ultimate faceoff

X

Xwarhawk87X

Heh thanks for checkin this out. in this thread i will discuss the points of my game, and you can comment on things that could, should, and can be changed. i value you opinions..

The object of the game

The object of this game is to fight your way through a creep infested maze, and destroy your opponents base.

Your starting units and tools

At the beggining of the game you have a hero and a steady supply of footman. Your base contains a special barraks, a special gryphon aviary an altar, and and upgrade center. (these will be discussed in further detail later.)
Your footman will come without cost and in front of your base. if ever you feel you have to many, you can say -stop spawn to stop the footman.

Your team

There are 4 people on your team, each with their own hero. This does not include player red and light blue, who are the computers controlling the base. The footman spawn for your teamates are seperate, and are far enough so that one persons footman, unless extremly large, cannot block the other players. You must work with your team if you wish to win, because a one man effort would be nearly impossible.

Your barraks

Your barraks, aka special squad hq, is where you will do most of your purchasing. It trains a general, which can help your army out a lot in a tough spot, an archer that is crucial to destroying enemy towers, and a knight, aka charger, as an ultimate unit. the charger is by far the best and most interesting unit, equiped with the spell shockwave and the ability to attack land and air units. it can destroy powerful units in a flash, and is a players best friend in the game.

Your gryphon aviary

Your gryphon aviary, aka air force base, is a place to buy air units that can help greatly in an attack against the gaurdian dragon. They are not the most stategic way to build an army, but they can help scout the maze and destroy your opponents towers. It trains a gyrocopter, aka supersonic jet, and a dragonhawk rider, aka the drifter.

Your upgrade center

Your upgrade center contains upgrades for your footman, sorry that it is only the footman. it can be upgraded to a level 2 upgrade center to get even better upgrades. this is mainly straightforward, and even the noobiest player can figure it out.

Your base

Surrounded by a raised wall and three gates, and protected by a good number of towers, your base should be a hard target. If your base is infiltrated, you must protect your fortress. if your fortress dies, it is not the end. to win, the other player must get into the circle of power behind your base. The circle can only be entered after the fortress is destroyed.

The maze

The maze is rwally a path filled with creeps that a player must go through in order to get to his opponents base. It is also a great place to train your hero, and hone your skills. The maze should be attemted by 2 players at a time, each sub team taking turns attacking the maze and replenishing their units. this is the most efficent way to assualt the maze, but players may use any form of strategy they wish.

The shops

The shops are a great place to get some important items, tomes and helpful units. There is a dark mystery behind them though, so watch were you step... mwhaha :shades:

Please check out my game and add any helpful hints if you want. im all ears to those who want to help. So enjoy the game, and let all your battles be the ultimate faceoff!!!!

Attachments

• The Ultimate Faceoff.w3x
    392.8 KB · Views: 148

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
First off: You need to use better grammar. If you use grammar in the game like you do in this thread, it will not be very appealing to players.

> you can say -stop spawn to stop the footman.

Personally, I hate having to use chat messages. A button somewhere would be nicer for me.

> an archer that is crucial to destroying enemy towers

Militarily, this makes no sense. Archers don't destroy towers. How many times has an arrow beaten stone?

X

Xwarhawk87X

You make a good point! :D The grammar is really not my fault, its the computers. It cuts off all my words, and i dont have the patience to fix em.

For the button to stop spawn, i guess i could put that in the barraks, and im pretty sure i no how to do it.

And the archer is crucial because most of the towers are on platforms that regular melee guys cant attack. =] Thanks for the contribution.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. Now. I actually opened up the map in the editor. And I literally had a seizure. I mean, my brain exploded and leaked out of my ears onto the desk. Not to be too inflammatory here, but still, this was a huge WTF!!! moment for me.

Now, on to what exactly it is. It's a ton of respawn triggers. One for every pre-placed unit on the map? The most inefficient way to do it. Besides, they will only work once. You REALLY should look up a creep revival system in the Tutorials, Spells, and Trigger Code section. Try Tinki3's. I know that's a good one. It will allow you to cut those triggers down by about 95% at the least.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.