Third Part Programs

Severon

Reaction score
Third Party Programs

I've been doing some research online, plus some wondering, but what are all the programs out there to be used or that are in developement to help with th use of the Galaxy Editor.

Right now I know of two:

Moonlite Map Studio open beta

Milkyway Editor(Might be old version, can't get to some sites due to filters)

My question is do any of you guys use these and if so what are the pros, cons, or overall opinion?

O and are there anymore that I'm missing?

EDIT:Sigh I misspelled the title of this thread...Fail me suppose to be party* with a "y"

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Moonlite, I can't get to work with Andromeda...

Milkyway Editor doesn't allow you to open SC2 maps right now. And hasn't been updated to do so.

My preference right now? Import Manager + Notepad++ using C Highlighting (until someone (or me) decides to make a Galaxy highlighter...)

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
My preference right now? Import Manager + Notepad++ using C Highlighting (until someone (or me) decides to make a Galaxy highlighter...)

wait so is that all required because you use andromeda?

seems like a big hassle

ill just stick with making custom script triggers, thank god they implemented them in the retail release eh, ive been managing without 3rd party stuff, too early to bother with it anyway

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I don't use Andromeda. ATM, custom script triggers are a pain... They're laggy. Notepad++? Not at all <3

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
I don't use Andromeda. ATM, custom script triggers are a pain... They're laggy. Notepad++? Not at all <3

ah ok, they aren't laggy for me at all, only thing that seems to is commenting long lines, bit isn't really a negative in any way since it doesnt stop me from typing or clicking

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do. If you're gonna make a map based on data editing, choose the next version of MWE.
If you're gonna do a lot of (advanced) scripting, choose the next version of Moonlite, as it has a lot of tools for that.

Unfortunately my opinion might not be valid because I'm the maker of Moonlite.

Severon

Reaction score
Unfortunately my opinion might not be valid because I'm the maker of Moonlite.

Thats okay I figured I would get a post from you at some point :) just out of curiosity you say it has 100% Andromeda language Support, but does it still support the "C" language naitive to the galaxy editor itself? Or maybe I'm just not to sure what I'm talking about.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Thats okay I figured I would get a post from you at some point :) just out of curiosity you say it has 100% Andromeda language Support, but does it still support the "C" language naitive to the galaxy editor itself? Or maybe I'm just not to sure what I'm talking about.

You mean Galaxy? Yes, it has backwards compatibility.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.