Thought of the best new Tavern Hero ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vex8118

Reaction score
i REALLY cant be arsed to read so much text....it is pain....i had a VERY tiering day...

think of it like this:
you jsut made like 20 pages of text and expect people to just go like *poof* i read it it is good or bad. When someone forces me to read 20 pages of text i expect something in return :p

I will give you a little tip for the next time you do these things:
1. MAKE IT READABLE
use colors, use underline, bold and italic, make a sort of pattern so that people follow it.
mark important with green irrelevant with brown, data with red, and things like that.
makes up for a way easier reading.

2. TRY TO KEEP IT SHORT
we do not really need to know the every little piece of data in order to tell you if the hero idea is good. I do appriciete when people are precise, and that is good, but balacing is completly up to you. there is no need to give information about all the minor data on spell levels and such, it is just makign the threat longer and giving people who are "judgeing the idea" no real help.
Spell descriptions were basically all people needed, posiblly note that spell has "long cooldown" or "very short cooldown (aka spammable). Attributes and all that, needless...
Specially since in regular wc3, 2 intelect bonus over 2 agy bonus makes absolutly no difference.

Work on getting things simplified for the mases, because not everyone has enough time and patience to read it all, no matter how much effort you've put into it..

Thanks for your suggestion but the truly dedicated mapmaker that I need will read the all of this important information without needing Format or Shortness. It's really only one page... I want them to make the Ormus Maiden as good as my idea, which is nearly perfect.

Chilling

Reaction score
Why are you posting this in a section about help with the world editor? Certainly you don't want someone to make your overcomplicated hero for you? Who would want to play a hero where they have to memorize what their skills do when they are in each of their four 'personalities'? To be honest, it's not realistic.

I still don't understand why you would post something like this in a subforum like you did. What are you trying to gain? Are you trying to get people to rate your hero, or something?

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
My problem is that I don't know trigger and World Editing, and I don't want to - I need a talented map editor to join my team and put the Ormus Maiden into a ladder map. Market Square would be the best!

Please guys respond with your thoughts on the hero! I really want to see what you think.

Thanks for your suggestion but the truly dedicated mapmaker that I need will read the all of this important information without needing Format or Shortness. It's really only one page... I want them to make the Ormus Maiden as good as my idea, which is nearly perfect.

you know, you can make it yourself if you like it so much, would be of multiple benefit...
Other then that, i do not believe that anyone will just go and make you a hero you designed... I know i wouldn't, i got too much to do already. i can help out on a particular problem, but the attitude such as:
"i dont know world editor and triggering, and i dont want to learn, but i got an idea, make it for me"
will at least in my opinion, never pass here.
So i really suggest that you start working on it and when you run into problems, write a new post explain the problem and people will gladly help you sort it out.

Think of it like this:
in school, teachers do not let you give your homework to someone else so that he does it for you, but if you cant do it alone and you ask someone to help you understand it, teachers allow that....same principals are here...
On the other hand, you just might run into someone crazy enough to actually do it, chances are low though.

Chilling

Reaction score
you know, you can make it yourself if you like it so much,

You can also print 20 seperate pages to fit all of your extremely drawn-out details and then frame each one with gold and hang them on the ceiling over your bed. This way you can stare at them every night with tears of joy streaming to wet your pillow as you fall into a deep sleep.
You may also be able to make a church to worship your BEST TAVERN HERO IN THE WORLD EVER TO EVER BE CREATED!!!!one

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You can also print 20 seperate pages to fit all of your extremely drawn-out details and then frame each one with gold and hang them on the ceiling over your bed. This way you can stare at them every night with tears of joy streaming to wet your pillow as you fall into a deep sleep.
You may also be able to make a church to worship your BEST TAVERN HERO IN THE WORLD EVER TO EVER BE CREATED!!!!one
ROFL, sorry @OP but i couldnt ressist :p
i was trying not to be too insulting really, but see this, this is the attitude everyone here has regarding your "i dont want to put any effort but i want my hero" statement

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Four quick things. Did not read the entire chunk.

1. How do you autocast the "Fade" ability? What is the condition for removing mana? "2 MP" doesn't mean anything, as the ability sounds like it could function as a passive.
2. What kind of difference does "eye color" make?
3. What model would you use for this?
4. 100 EXP per second is ridiculously overpowered, especially since most battles in ladder take quite a long time and the cooldown is much, much, much too short for a spell of that power. You can have a Level 10 hero while feeding experience to your allies and keeping your enemy's hero at a consistent Level 1.

vex8118

Reaction score
Thanks all for your replies.
Why are you posting this in a section about help with the world editor? Certainly you don't want someone to make your overcomplicated hero for you? Who would want to play a hero where they have to memorize what their skills do when they are in each of their four 'personalities'? To be honest, it's not realistic.

I still don't understand why you would post something like this in a subforum like you did. What are you trying to gain? Are you trying to get people to rate your hero, or something?
This is just what I am looking for. I have spent many hours in designing and creating the idea for this hero and now I need help to turn it into an Example Map, so I can gather publicity to show Blizzard that the Ormus Maiden needs to be in the ladder for the next (Last) Warcraft III Patch! Surely it can't be too difficult for an expert map maker.

you know, you can make it yourself if you like it so much, would be of multiple benefit...
Other then that, i do not believe that anyone will just go and make you a hero you designed... I know i wouldn't, i got too much to do already. i can help out on a particular problem, but the attitude such as:
"i dont know world editor and triggering, and i dont want to learn, but i got an idea, make it for me"
will at least in my opinion, never pass here.
So i really suggest that you start working on it and when you run into problems, write a new post explain the problem and people will gladly help you sort it out.

Think of it like this:
in school, teachers do not let you give your homework to someone else so that he does it for you, but if you cant do it alone and you ask someone to help you understand it, teachers allow that....same principals are here...
On the other hand, you just might run into someone crazy enough to actually do it, chances are low though.
I am not just demanding that someone make it...I am presenting this great idea and asking for someone to work on it with me like a project. You could be the Draft Programmer for the new Tavern Hero in ladder Warcraft III!

These replies are really not helpful and I am asking you nicely now to stop with nonproductive responses like these.

ROFL, sorry @OP but i couldnt ressist :p
i was trying not to be too insulting really, but see this, this is the attitude everyone here has regarding your "i dont want to put any effort but i want my hero" statement
How can you speak for everyone? Please stop assuming negative thoughts and give me feedback on the Ormus Maiden instead!

Four quick things. Did not read the entire chunk.

1. How do you autocast the "Fade" ability? What is the condition for removing mana? "2 MP" doesn't mean anything, as the ability sounds like it could function as a passive.
2. What kind of difference does "eye color" make?
3. What model would you use for this?
4. 100 EXP per second is ridiculously overpowered, especially since most battles in ladder take quite a long time and the cooldown is much, much, much too short for a spell of that power. You can have a Level 10 hero while feeding experience to your allies and keeping your enemy's hero at a consistent Level 1.
1. When autocast is on, Fade should cast when the hero is moving. Every time it is cast the mana is removed. So it wouldn't cost anything if the hero never stops.
2. I am trying to capture the Art from the Ormus Maiden in Xenosaga, the great anime game. Anime is what inspired me and eye color is extremely important in Anime, as most characters have large eyes and it gives you an idea of their personality.
3. When Blizzard makes Ormus Maiden (Final version) to actually put in a patch, they will make their own model. For now perhaps someone could make an intermediate model or if there are no Modelers here we can use just a substitute that is already in Warcraft III. There are lots of models in campaign that aren't used in Ladder maps.
4. Thank you for the good feedback, but let's not focus too much on balancing until we have a Test Map made and we can see how the Ormus Maiden plays in games!

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
My problem is that I don't know trigger and World Editing, and I don't want to

I would say that wanting to understand how to make it is essential. If you have an idea like this you want to bring to the community, you have to feel it, breathe it, pretty much embody it, and that requires a little work, and above all else, the wish, the need to see your creation through by your own hand.

When Alexander Graham Bell thought of transporting sound, (the telephone), did he simply walk in to a room full of people and say "Here guys, I don't feel like putting in the work for this, you guys do it."? Of course not. He was determined, destined, to see his creation through himself. Your idea isn't going to get anywhere if you don't care enough to personally make it so.

Obviously, you don't have to make it exact and to the letter on your initial efforts. But you could sort of start to mold it, to get the basics working, and as you work at it, you will probably get a better understanding of the editor, and in turn, get closer to your vision.

In other words, here's the tutorial site:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/

Have at it, young up and coming inventor!

vex8118

Reaction score
I would say that wanting to understand how to make it is essential. If you have an idea like this you want to bring to the community, you have to feel it, breathe it, pretty much embody it, and that requires a little work, and above all else, the wish, the need to see your creation through by your own hand.

When Alexander Graham Bell thought of transporting sound, (the telephone), did he simply walk in to a room full of people and say "Here guys, I don't feel like putting in the work for this, you guys do it."? Of course not. He was determined, destined, to see his creation through himself. Your idea isn't going to get anywhere if you don't care enough to personally make it so.

Obviously, you don't have to make it exact and to the letter on your initial efforts. But you could sort of start to mold it, to get the basics working, and as you work at it, you will probably get a better understanding of the editor, and in turn, get closer to your vision.

In other words, here's the tutorial site:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/

Have at it, young up and coming inventor!
I like your good attitude about this but there is nothing wrong with having a team for an exciting project like this. I am the lead designer, and I am looking for a Programmer and I would also be happy if a Modeler/Animator wanted to join too.

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Of course there's nothing wrong with a team, but it's not really a team if you just sort of say "Can you do everything for me plz cuz I dun feel like it" which is sort of the way you worded your posts.

vex8118

Reaction score
Of course there's nothing wrong with a team, but it's not really a team if you just sort of say "Can you do everything for me plz cuz I dun feel like it" which is sort of the way you worded your posts.

I am not asking for someone to do everything, merely all the Programming. The basic design, which was a lot of work/research/writing, is done and I will continue to revise the hero.

Updated 10/19/2010

Chilling

Reaction score
No offense, but I think you might need to deflate your ego a little bit. Honestly, your hero is not a Teal-eyed Female Jesus, as you pretty much have made it out to be, and Blizzard does not, and I quote, "need" to place your hero into the selection of tavern heroes for their next patch, if they are even ever going to make one...ever.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Seriously? You posted chunks and walls of nothing but concepts of heroes? If I were you I would have tinkered with the trigger editor instead of wastin my time typing my ideas for heroes. Typing that wall of concepts consumes time which is as long as probably one complete hero.

And if you want a team, beleive me you should learn every process in making a map, includes:

• Terraining
• Triggering
• Scripting
• Balancing
• Conceptualizing
• Model Editing
• Texture Editing

At least those things would be essential for a project leader even if you don't perfect them as long as you know how to do things. And trying to find someone "dedicated" to work for you - I think that someone is you yourself, nobody would be so dedicated making heroes except the leader of the project. And members would just probably gives you spells but not the whole thing.

vex8118

Reaction score
No offense, but I think you might need to deflate your ego a little bit. Honestly, your hero is not a Teal-eyed Female Jesus, as you pretty much have made it out to be, and Blizzard does not, and I quote, "need" to place your hero into the selection of tavern heroes for their next patch, if they are even ever going to make one...ever.
I asked you already to please stop with negative posts like this. Give me your honest thoughts on this new Tavern Hero!

Seriously? You posted chunks and walls of nothing but concepts of heroes? If I were you I would have tinkered with the trigger editor instead of wastin my time typing my ideas for heroes. Typing that wall of concepts consumes time which is as long as probably one complete hero.

And if you want a team, beleive me you should learn every process in making a map, includes:

• Terraining
• Triggering
• Scripting
• Balancing
• Conceptualizing
• Model Editing
• Texture Editing

At least those things would be essential for a project leader even if you don't perfect them as long as you know how to do things. And trying to find someone "dedicated" to work for you - I think that someone is you yourself, nobody would be so dedicated making heroes except the leader of the project. And members would just probably gives you spells but not the whole thing.

I think you misunderstand what this is about, I don't want to make an entire map! I am making the next Tavern hero for Melee games, so Terrain and Texture is unnecessary. My first objective is just to produce a Test or Draft map, to test the Ormus Maiden by playing her in actual games.

The model is not necessary for this, and I will be leading by doing all Balancing and Conceptualizing. This just leaves (from your list) Triggering and Scripting. That is what I am looking for from a talented map maker.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Then why not study triggering and scripting?
It will come 100% handy with map making and leading.
You cannot just depend on someone to do minor tweaks so you as well should know.

About the hero, strange Eye Colors? << I guess texturing and simple model editing is required.

I need your help please to make me that new Tavern Hero with all of the Hero Abilities that I've mensioned in my topic: Thought of the best new Tavern Hero ever!!!!!. People want to see the Ormus Maiden Hero on a ladder map, but I can't create it due to the bugged condition.

Blizzard has yet to respond to my demands...

If there's anyone from the Melting the Throne team who made those Heroes, Icefrog who made DotA or any motivated highly skilled map makers out there reading this. Please support me and the Ormus Maiden Hero.

You are forcing Blizzard to make a hero available in melee maps?
And isn't the hero over complicated? Basic heroes only have 4 skills and yours is like &#@#&

Heres something to start with for you.
Create an ability named, "whatever"

Trigger:
  • Tranform
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Transform
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Berserker Upgrade to (Triggering unit) &lt;&lt; Set the unit type

Its quite the framework for the transform thing. You will need tons of berserker upgrade depending on the number of transformation (Metamorphosis and other skills wont suffice since there are many forms.) If you add the berserker upgrade to the unit, it will change its unit type so you will need to check first the unit type.

If unit type is equal to Phase 1
Add Berserker Upgrade (Phase 2)

If unit type is equal to Phase 2
Add Berserker Upgrade (Phase 3)

If unit type is equal to Phase 3
Add Berserker Upgrade (Phase 1)

As for the abilties of each Phase just add them using triggers.
Add them like how you added the Berserker Upgrade.

vex8118

Reaction score
Then why not study triggering and scripting?
It will come 100% handy with map making and leading.
You cannot just depend on someone to do minor tweaks so you as well should know.

About the hero, strange Eye Colors? << I guess texturing and simple model editing is required.

You are forcing Blizzard to make a hero available in melee maps?
And isn't the hero over complicated? Basic heroes only have 4 skills and yours is like &#@#&

Heres something to start with for you.
Create an ability named, "whatever"

Trigger:
  • Tranform
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Transform
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Berserker Upgrade to (Triggering unit) &lt;&lt; Set the unit type

Its quite the framework for the transform thing. You will need tons of berserker upgrade depending on the number of transformation (Metamorphosis and other skills wont suffice since there are many forms.) If you add the berserker upgrade to the unit, it will change its unit type so you will need to check first the unit type.

If unit type is equal to Phase 1
Add Berserker Upgrade (Phase 2)

If unit type is equal to Phase 2
Add Berserker Upgrade (Phase 3)

If unit type is equal to Phase 3
Add Berserker Upgrade (Phase 1)

As for the abilties of each Phase just add them using triggers.
Add them like how you added the Berserker Upgrade.
I have already said I am not interested in learning Programming and Trigger Editing. The reason I am posting here is to find someone who wants to join me in this great project to do the programming. This is a chance to work on a hero that will be in Warcraft III officially!

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
This is a chance to work on a hero that will be in Warcraft III officially!

If you can repost official Blizzard confirmation, with a link and everything, that this hero would become a Tavern hero, I will personally go out and buy TFT so I can help.

However, this claim appears to be extremely unlikely.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
anyone else has a feeling this dude is trolling?

seriously dude there is NO WAY in hell that blizzard will accept this sort of hero.
it is overcomplicated and overdone.

"BEST HERO EVER" < ------ only your opinion, i've read it's spells and stuff....i think it sucks. There are much more valid ways to making a switching hero, but none of them would be fitting for a melee map.

Eye color change ----- ROFL, are you like, serious? You are watching way 2 much anime if you ask me. Not that i have anything against them, but much is much.

"i already told you i got no interest in learning programming" <---- everyone who reads this will immediately say "GO F yourself im not helping"

p.s. I read it

vex8118

Reaction score
anyone else has a feeling this dude is trolling?

seriously dude there is NO WAY in hell that blizzard will accept this sort of hero.
it is overcomplicated and overdone.

"BEST HERO EVER" < ------ only your opinion, i've read it's spells and stuff....i think it sucks. There are much more valid ways to making a switching hero, but none of them would be fitting for a melee map.

Eye color change ----- ROFL, are you like, serious? You are watching way 2 much anime if you ask me. Not that i have anything against them, but much is much.

"i already told you i got no interest in learning programming" <---- everyone who reads this will immediately say "GO F yourself im not helping"

p.s. I read it

I won't accept negative posting like this, it needs to stop. Instead please give me feedback and review on the actual Ormus Maiden!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@WIta:
i admire your staying power to really read all of this. i went like "omg lets just open some other post" after the first half of the first post.

@vex8118:
come on. i dont want to be rude to you but you just have to understand until now that nobody in here will make your hero. you have read the various posts of the different members, they all tell you basically the same.

everything you will get if you drive this conversation any further is ignorance. they will simply stop posting here and you will find nobody willing to help you.
you have 2 possibilities open:
1). do it your self, learn using the trigger editor and whenever you have a problem come to this forum and we will gladly help you to help yourself
or
2). forget about it. wc3 isnt the cutting edge, it was never played as little as it is today and the community isnt rising. blizzard got its new child out, starcraft 2 will take over. they are simply not interested in adding new content to a game which is dieing out.

this isnt meant to be any kind of "negative posting" as you call it. this is the best kind of posting you can expect in here. take it seriously and think about it. and eventually you will find out that what we are saying is right. however, you wont get far with this attitude of yours right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.