Tile Sets

babblejoe23

Reaction score
I'm new to world editor.

My problem is that how can I have more than 1 tile sets in just one map? Because I'm planning that my map has many areas like, in one area, I will use Felwood tile set so that it will be a forest-like area, another area I will use Outland tile set so that it will be a desert-like area, also another area I will use Northrend tile set so that it will be an icy area, etc.

Please teach me! Thank you!

Chilling

Reaction score
If you are using the original editor, then you will have to use a certain amount of tiles. On the World Editor, go to the top of the screen and find 'Advanced'. Click on it and go down to 'Modify Tileset'. From the new window that pops up, check 'Use Custom Tileset'. From here you can remove tiles that don't have red squares on them, and each tile will give you 1 or 2 texture space. You can then add other tiles at the cost of your texture space.

I have no idea why Blizzard insists on limiting us on tiles, but it is truly a stupid thing to do. There may be add-ons that let you get more tile spaces, but I'm not sure how to get them and such. I hear NewGen, an updated, unofficial version of the Editor, might let you use all of the tilesets in one map. You could start a new thread and ask about NewGen if you're interested.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Since it's sorta on topic, does anyone know what is needed in order to increase tileset?
Anything to edit in the .MPQ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.