Tiny..tiny..tiny issue with Starcraft

Cognitor

Reaction score
Hey,
My brother and I sometimes play a LAN game (UDP connection) with our two computers. One CD is Broodwar and the other is the Original Starcraft (we select original for compatability) and one computer operates with Windows XP and the other with Windows ME. Everything runs perfectly fine except this one thing: After one or two games have been played, the save ability just turns gray as if all three saves have been used up and the only thing that fixes this is restarting the game which gets to be quite annoying after the fifth time. I'm just wondering if this is a glitch, is it fixable, or am I better off just dealing with it?

W

WinterNightPhantom

I haven't heard of this problem before but I just checked it out on my own system. This might not be the same thing you're seeing, but if I started up a LAN game and saved once, I couldn't save again until I restarted the game.

In my case, I'm not certain what the cause of the problem is, but I'm reasonably confident it's not my system because of these facts:

- my Starcraft directory and all its subdirectories do not have any write restrictions on them
- I have more than enough disk space to store more saved games
- the same exact thing happens on my family's computer, which also does not have any write restrictions and lack of disk space

Other than checking the permissions on your directory and checking your free disk space, I don't know what else to suggest. I believe this is intended behavior or a glitch, so I'd contact Blizzard at [email protected] and see what they say.

If you find an answer or solution, be sure to post back.

Cognitor

Reaction score
Well, I sent the email a while ago. I got a confirmation but no response in the past week. I think it's safe to say I won't get one but thanks anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.