Transform Spells

kiogra

Reaction score
Hi, Ive got one more problem with my game, and this will probably be the last one.

Im barely into making spells(Only editting spells pretty much right now :p ), Ive made a transformation one. I Copyed the "Bear Form" spell and editted it a bit, like the description, normal unit, transforming unit, things like that.
Now when i try to use that spell, it doesnt do any thing. The hero doesnt change units. Should i trigger it? And if i have to trigger it, how would i make a de-activate trigger? Thx. :banghead:

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
I don't think you should trigger it. There must be something that you may have accidently missed out. Did you make sure you editted duration - hero, and some other stuff (can't remember all stats of bear form). Maybe screenshot the editor screen or something to show us.

kiogra

Reaction score
I don't think you should trigger it. There must be something that you may have accidently missed out. Did you make sure you editted duration - hero, and some other stuff (can't remember all stats of bear form). Maybe screenshot the editor screen or something to show us.

The duration is at 0.00, but that should make it un-limited.

BTW: ill get a screen shot in a sec maybe

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Try making duration 1.45, as it is not the duration of the spell, but how long it takes for the unit to transform. It may make a difference, it may not. I think i hada problem with setting duration to 0.00 with burrow, and something similar happened.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Just take note, WE is weird with some spells. Metamorphis is one of them. Try to use 0.01 instead of 0.00 when something doesn't work. Transform spells are odd.
:thup:

kiogra

Reaction score
Just take note, WE is weird with some spells. Metamorphis is one of them. Try to use 0.01 instead of 0.00 when something doesn't work. Transform spells are odd.
:thup:

Ok, ill try it.

EDIT: Didnt work :(

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Also, make sure the casting unit and the unit you are being transformed into is of the same type, when morphing both the caster and the unit you will become must be hero or unit meaning that a hero can not morph into a unit.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
It's a good idea to always put 0.01 for something you don't want any time for, and 0.00 if you want infinite (make sure you test to see if it works).

I came in the habit when I starting findings bugs in my codes, and it turned out to be a value in the ability editor had been set to 0, and was making something last forever.

kiogra

Reaction score
Also, make sure the casting unit and the unit you are being transformed into is of the same type, when morphing both the caster and the unit you will become must be hero or unit meaning that a hero can not morph into a unit.

THIS WORKED! partly... The transforming is great, if i click the spell it transforms and stuff, but it starts out as the transformed unit, how would i reverse it, so its the normal unit first?..

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Might be buggs in the animations, for example if you use metamorphis with another unit than Illidan it's a risk for seeing Illidan a short sec before he morph or unmorph. Test to set the unit duritation to 0 (time of the casting)

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Make sure that:

Alternate Form unit - Is the unit you want to transform into

and

Normal Form unit - Is the unit the hero normally is

Btw, weren't your units the same type to begin with?

that would of made things a lot easier lol.

kiogra

Reaction score
Might be buggs in the animations, for example if you use metamorphis with another unit than Illidan it's a risk for seeing Illidan a short sec before he morph or unmorph. Test to set the unit duritation to 0 (time of the casting)

doesnt seem to be working

Tried to trigger it though, Works perfect!

E - Elapsed Game Time 0.10
C -
A - Replace (my Units) with (my other unit)
Did something like that

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I'm going to say right now. Replace Unit can be buggy. I made a transform spell using that and after a few transforms, I ended up with 4 heroes.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The best i could say is, USE CROW FORM AS YOUR BASE SKILL :D...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.