Transformation Items

hopy

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to make an item which will transform my hero into a flying wisp, making the hero unable to attack or cast abilities but it will move at 150% speed and makes it a flying unit.

At first I thougt: "Ow, that shouldn't be to hard... I'll just use Crow Form." but it turns out that Crow Form uses an Alternate Unit thing which causes the hero to be transformed into that when he changes back, making it imposible to use for an item multiple different heroes will be able to use.

My question is: How do I create an item that:
- Makes my hero faster and flying.
- It should have a duration.
- Unable to attack or cast spells.
- Usable by multiple different heroes.

I have tryed to trigger this but it didn't quite work.
+rep for any helpfull awnser.

Ow, and if someone has any nice item idea's for a Naga shop I would like to hear them as well. :)

mapguy

Reaction score
use a dummy ability.

(make your hero 100% transparent)
(create a wisp dummy locust unit that moves with the hero)
(turn collision off for your hero)
(when your hero attacks or begins casting an ability you pause stop unpause)
(create a flying not dummy unit that can be controlled by you, your hero will move with this unit)

hopy

Reaction score
Hmm, that seems like a nice plan. I'll try that. Thanks for the help, I'll edit this massage if something doesn't work.

--------EDIT----------------
Alright, I've got the triggers and stuff, I'll test it in a moment... It'll take a while for my PC to laod the map. :p

Main Trigger: Collision is set, Transparency is set, Variables are set, the wisp is created, and the wisps movement speed is set equal to the heroes.
Trigger:
  • Wisp Item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Scroll of Transformation: Wisp
    • Actions
      • Set Wisp_hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Triggering unit) Off
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.00% transparency
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp [Vlieg item] for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 20.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set (Last created unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Wisp_Wisp[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)

Point is a Point variable. (deuh. :p)
Wisp_hero[] is a unit variable for the hero using the item.
Wisp_Wisp[] is a unit variable for the wisp.
(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) can be used since every player can only have one hero.

The Move Trigger, moves the Wisp to the same place the hero is ordered to move.
Trigger:
  • Wisp Move
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Transformation ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Target point of issued order)
      • Unit - Order Wisp_Wisp[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Move To Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)

The order trigger, cancels any order other than Move.
Trigger:
  • Wisp Order
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Transformation ) Equal to True
      • (Issued order) Not equal to (Order(move))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause Wisp_hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit - Pause Wisp_Wisp[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit - Order Wisp_Wisp[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Stop
      • Unit - Order Wisp_hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Stop
      • Unit - Unpause Wisp_hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit - Unpause Wisp_Wisp[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]

The Final Trigger, sets everything back to normal when the Wisp dies from the expiration timer.
Trigger:
  • Wisp Die
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Wisp [Vlieg item]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Turn collision for Wisp_hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] On
      • Animation - Change Wisp_hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

There are currently 4 problems with it...
1. The hero will still be targeted as a ground unit by attacks.
2. He wont be able to pass rivers I think
3. My Warcraft quited when I used the item.
4. The hero still had a Shadow.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Do you need for the wisp to have the same HP as the caster? If not, you might be able to do it with Storm, Earth and Fire (the Brewmaster's ability).

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Here's what I would do: make an ability that does nothing to give to your item. When it is used, hide the hero and create your invulnerable flying wisp with an expiration timer, and an ability called "land." (that also does nothing.) Then make a trigger so that when the wisp dies, you will unhide the hero and move it to the wisp's location. When the wisp casts "land," kill the wisp. Easy!

hopy

Reaction score
Well I did plan on doing it that way at first, but people would use it as a way of escaping combat when they're about to die rather than a nice way of traveling faster, which is what the item is for.

I thought the above trigger would work fine for I don't see any problems with it and it would be almost the exact thing I was looking for, but somehow it causes my Warcraft to crash.

I would rather try to fix it first and maybe I'll change it to a short transformation into an invulnerable wisp with a casting time or something like that if it turns out that we won't be able to get that trigger to work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.