Trigger - Mute Players?

freakincage

Reaction score
Hey I added a boot trigger for my map to boot/kick those annoying players in the game for like team attacking or just plain out ruining the game, however, I would want to know, or add a trigger that can mute players?

If a player keeps spamming, is there a way or a trigger that can mute him/her?
Example : -mute player2

This will make player2 unable to type anything...

Is it possible?
Thanks in advance.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Might just as well kick him out. He's never going to play your map again anyway. So will plenty other people because there's obviously some weird bug in it.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
With making all of your chat displayed by the game (setting players' names to tons of spaces, and making the Chat log not display anything), it is possible, but there is no way to hide chat messages from players, without hiding all chat messages.

However, if you do make a custom chat system, you can choose what messages to show/hide.

freakincage

Reaction score
Might just as well kick him out. He's never going to play your map again anyway. So will plenty other people because there's obviously some weird bug in it.

Weird bug in it? What?
No this is just a, what can I call it, an "extra" trigger. I just wanted to know if you can mute players if they are annoying. This occurs in everyone's map at least once. Some player will just start typing non-stop. Sure I'll kick them out.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
It is possible, but that would require you making a custom chat system. (Following part one of this tutorial)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
If you're using the normal chat, then the only way to prevent his talking is to turn cinematic mode on for him... that prevents the muted one from doing ANYTHING at all. An idea I got from SotDRP. If you're using a custom chat like in parasite, then when you make the chat trigger, check if the player is in a player group called Muted or something. If so, don't display the message.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.