Trigger Test! +rep please help:)

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Would anyone just check if this trigger would work. I can´t reach my WE and it´s drivign my insane not knowing;)

Red Hero Unselect
Events: A unit owned by player 1 (red) is selected
Conditions: Triggering player is not equal to player 1 (red)
Actions: Unselect triggering unit.

Please help!:D

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
didn't test it, but I'm not sure if your event returns triggering unit or triggering player, certainly not both, but you used both. one in you action, one in the condition

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
You sure? So I could have shared units with player 1 and 2 and player 1 wouldn´t be able to select players 2´s units?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
That event does not exist...

Event:
- Player 1 selects a unit
- Player 2 selects a unit
Conditions:
- (Owner of (Triggering unit)) not equal to (Triggering player)
Actions:
- Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection for (Triggering player)

However, that's most likely not doing what you think it should.
Yes, it will work, but that event, and the action too, is insanely slow...
There's still plenty time left to order the unit around.

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Well I am trying to make a party unit-frame kind of thing. I want to be able to see the heroes that are in my "party" in a frame of some sort, like the old WoW: Molten Core maps.... any ideas on how to do this?

EDIT: You should also be able to cast spells on the icons...

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Maybe a dummy hero that will redirect spells cast at it in the right direction? Can you use the Unit is targeted by a spell, even if the spell shouldn´t be cast cuz the target is too far away?

nabbig2

Reaction score
Well you can do Target Unit of ability being Cast. And just give the ability infinite range (9999999)

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
well then you could cheat in the map, i mean you could also cast it on the unit on the map, and just let 1 unit wander off an heal him from afar....

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
you could when the ability is used on a unit, give the cast ability to the unit, set the level to the one of the cast ability, and then order the unit to cast the ability on the unit it is supposed to represent.

To get the portraits on the side of the screen. make those ability dummies heroes with the right portrait, and set their life to the same as the hero they are representing.

To include range you probably need to make some condition in the trigger that orders the dummy to cast the ability on the other unit.

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
I know how I would go about the portraits... but not how to make them castable... that to give the spell to the unit it is cast on, would slow it down a lot huh? Well please keep writing suggestions. +rep for all:p

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
I know how I would go about the portraits... but not how to make them castable... that to give the spell to the unit it is cast on, would slow it down a lot huh? Well please keep writing suggestions. +rep for all:p

well, try setting the Animation backswing point for the dummies to 0, that should speed it up, also lower the animation backswing points for your heroes, to save time on them as well

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.