Triggers Don't Fire

Kershbob

Reaction score
I have a large map with a large amount of complex triggers. It worked fine for a long time; but then I tested after adding some new things and NO triggers AT ALL fire. Not even the map initialization triggers or simple ones which check for abilities etc.

I tried removing the things I added before that specific test and that didnt work.

Is there any chance I have too many triggers or something?

I work in WEU with non-JASS though have a lot of custom script lines.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Is WE giving somekinda error message when you try to test the map? Or none?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
What exactly did you add that ruined it? Because I had a similar thing with importing a jass script. But WE gave me unexpected error message and I was unable to start the map and i had to do all over again.

Havent heard about having too many triggers though. Maybe someone wiser than me can help you. Wish you luck solving this problem.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
theres no limit to triggers, that wont cause problems (may cause lag if you've got ALOT)
but i think your safe
weu can be glitchy, it may have corrupted your map
none of the triggers work? no error message? no random game closing with no error message?

btw - custom script is jass

WastedSavior

Reaction score
Kershbob said:
So it's a case of loading up the backups then?

im not entirely sure, id suggest deleting 3-4 triggers at a time till they start working again (to see whats causing it)

whatever you decide to do, i suggest you stop using WEU
in the long run it just makes you handicapped

WastedSavior

Reaction score
benefits of WEU
things you can't normally do without advanced knowledge, more direct access to hidden icons (although you can find them without weu)
not to mention memory leak in the advanced commands added
its out of date, so its possible a future patch could cause weu maps to no longer function
it also handicaps you, because you do these triggers (the simply way)
and you learn nothing, its better to learn how to do it the hard way so if theres something that comes along that you can't do the easy way, you'll have a little more understanding of how to do it

Kershbob

Reaction score
Well the main problem I have with JASS is I don't know any of the commands. If WE was like the Aurora Toolset or something like that where it has a list of commands and functions I'd have no trouble.

To be honest I know *how* JASS works I just can't be bothered learning it properly; at the moment it's sort of guesswork. For example I can make big custom spells multi-instancable and stuff but besides that Im stuck(ish).

WastedSavior

Reaction score
the way im slowly learning is using gui to make trigger, then converting over to custom text and building on it, so i start out with making 3 units at center of map, slowly trial and error turn that into create 3 unit at position of picked unit etc.. lol

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
To many triggers can make some of them stop working. But this is an insane number of triggers.
If you can't remove a single one then you can add the events with a trigger insteed of adding them in the GUI, like this:
Code:
Leaver
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- Do Stuff --------
Code:
Dead
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions

Will be:
Code:
Leaver
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
Code:
Dead
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
Code:
Init
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to Leaver <gen> the event (Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game)
        Trigger - Add to Dead <gen> the event (Unit - A unit Dies)
The point of this is to remove some lines from the InitCustomTriggers thread to a new one, thus preventing a thread timeout.

However, I find it very unlikely that you have so many triggers that the Thread Timeout stops the execution of the init functions.
I guess anything below 1000 triggers shouldn't be affected by this.

It is more likely that there is a bug in the script somewhere. (They auto generated one, not yours).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.