Trojan Pops Up Every Time I Start Wc3

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Hey, for some reason on my laptop since I have had mcafee installed, I get a trojan notifier whenever I attempt to play wc3. I double click the game, the trojan quarantined "Generic!Artemis" file "SIntfNT.dll pops up and then wc3 says I dont have the cd in even tho it is. (i havent gotten to update it yet)

It ran fine before I had mcafee installed so I know its not a virus or trojan I think its throwing out the files needed to start up the game. I am not sure how to disable mcafee from thinking its a trojan.

EDIT- Ok, seems the problem has been fixed, had to read some Sony threads apparently it was just a cd protection thing that is no longer in use and mcafee was thinking it was a trojan.

Now though, my screen flickers black when I try playing wc3... testing other games too but I have to install them first.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
yeah i tried that, still flashes black. i have the feeling its the video card overheating because while red alert 2 doesnt do black flashes, the pc beeps every minute or two and freezes for a split second. im gonna try finding a program to monitor my card temp and check.

P

phillyboy

I have the same Problem!!

Hello xxxtrickyxxx,

I have the same problem with McAfee and warcraft 3 with it thinking that its a trojan, stupid and frustrating. you said that you fixed it by reading some sony threads, what does this mean? I need more specific details to solve this problem, please help,

phillyboy

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
oh, uh... well have you updated mcafee to the latest? all I did was actually do is let it update and it worked fine after that.

P

phillyboy

ok

I am updating it now, My programs are up to date and it is still not working, the same thing comes up saying there is no CD in the drive and then the McAfee window opens and says there is a trojan, wtf?? weird.
any ideas

R

ross.bs

just uninstall mcafee by going to control panel changeor remove programs and remove it if that doesnt work then its not mcafee just download mcafee again
i used to have mcafee i didnt get that probly so it must be the version

R

ross.bs

and philly if wc3 is really important to u then u should unistal mcafee befor it happens to your wc3 like his untell the problems fixed. or get a new virus protection.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.