Turn off Unit Collision

Moogle

Reaction score
How does one turn off collision in SC2? Warcraft 3 had a nice function.

I ask because I am currently making a projectile system, and I would like to allow units to be knocked over cliffs and such. However, ground units will not go over unpathable area when using UnitSetPosition like they would in Warcraft 3.

I have asked people, and the best response I've gotten was to set a unit to be air temporarily, but there is no trigger to do that and I would like to be able to make a system I can just plug n play with without messing around with behaviors and such in the data editor. Unless the behavior is there by default and the triggers can just use it, that is.

Mindless

Reaction score
I haven't got the editor in front of me but I will hazard a guess from memory.

In the Move unit instantly function isn't there a flag that says Ignore Placement? Maybe that's what you are looking for.

Moogle

Reaction score
I want my units able to move. He is just disabling their movement abilities. Say I want a warlock-like map, with cliffs, where you can move while being knocked back.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
In my case, turning off movement speed worked.

In your case... I might have an idea (yet not tested). Give it a try if you care:
First you turn off his momvent, then you move him instantly, and then you turn on his movement again.'
I'm not sure, but hopefully this will bypass the unit to want to walk back to a movable location, as he most-likely starts walking at the moment he is moved... Additionally, you might want to order him to "stop", in case he'll remember his order when you grant him with the ability to move again.

So...
Turn off movement
Move instantly
[order to stop?]
Turn on movement
[order to stop?]

~Frozen

Jack[RCDF

Reaction score
Can't you turn off collision radius or whatever, I think in the unit movement tab? Although I don't know if this is useable as an event, if that was what you wanted.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
You cannot set the radius to 0 through triggers.
However, you can "suppress unit collision" through a triggerable behavior, yet this seems to do nothing. I've tried it, and it didn't work.

Among many things I tried, all that did what I needed it to do was turning off his movement entirely. Yet, for projectiles etc. this doesn't matter of course. However, for pushing triggers in which you still need to be able to steer/walk, it fails. However, my post above has an idea how to bypass that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.