[Tutorial] Hosting Wc3 Games . Easy Explanation!

zoll3

Reaction score
Is this really a tutorial ?

Well , kinda ... I really want to help people so im just going to make a short explanation how to get through this . But isnt this help enough , i will make the completely best tutorial and very very discreptive and much more ! if needed ..

Why making another tutorial about hosting ?

Becourse , much much people still asking about how to host , even if they have found tutorials about it , and much of them reading it , but dont get finished becourse of missing things.

Will this help anyone ?

Maybe ... Maybe not , i cant tell .. im only trying to make a short explaination about what to do ..

What sort of tutorial is this ?

This will explain you were to go , in what website to do different stuff .
And as i told before , if this isnt enough for you out there .. i will make a much better one .

When do we begin ?

Now.

Short Tutorial to hosting Warcraft 3 Games

Erhh ... Begin ?

Sure , i begin now .. okay first thing to do is , close evrything other than this tutorial ..

Then go to This site

There you are going to find the router that blocks the game enthrance for other players.
Can you not find your router? - Tell me and ill try find it ;D

After you have found your router .. click the link , and you should see another page where you can choose a game .. Roll down and you should find Warcraft 3 , click it and you should see a new page , where it explains how to forward the ports .. DONT DO ANYTHING! . now if u read carefully trough the text above the pictures , u see a marked link: Static IP Adress
Click it . and you come to another page where to choose your computer mode . Click the right option and then you should see one of theese pages:

Windows XP

Windows Vista

Windows ME

Windows 2000

Windows 98

Mac OS X v10.4

Now just read all the text and do evrything it says .. dont be lazy and jump from step to step .... go trough it carefully and ur done in about 30 minutes if ur fast-reader :p

After you have gone trough the tutorial and have wrote down the static ip adresses and so on..

Go back to the page where it explained the port forwarding ..

Cant find it ? - Go here

Choose your router again , and go Warcraft 3 Game , then u are there .. go trough that tutorial site , dont miss any text or be lazy..

Am i done now?

No your not . You need go ingame warcraft and test if u can host :D ! and im 100000 % sure that you can host if u have gone trough this tutorial very carefully..

Ohh ! thx man

No problem . I really really hope this helped so i dont need to start on a better explained tutorial ..

Man this didnt work for me .. Can u explain better?

Sure if i get some people saying that , i will try make a much better tutorial .

GOOD LUCK!

L

LilSniper

No offense, but this really isn't a tutorial. You just linked to other tutorials. Thanks for trying though.

And you don't need to ask yourself all those questions, and then answer them.

zoll3

Reaction score
I know it wasnt a tutorial , but when i started the thread , and i made the question if it was a really tut .. i didnt want to change it , and im using the questions just for fun ..

But still im thinkin this is better help than just when the people ask for hosting help you say "go www.portforward.com" .

EDIT: Look here is a very good example !
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59984

He have tryed figure out what to do for hosting and got the link "Portforward.com" from a person , but still dont get it ? i made a very very very short explaining like this and he could host?...

Thx for comment.

L

LilSniper

I know your just trying, and all of us at The Helper appreciate your effort :)

You've still got time to improve the tutorial, so keep up the good work. Once it is edited, this guide will be helpful to many people because I remember how difficult and frustrating it was to figure out how to host. My suggestion is try to look at some other guides and maybe implement some of their ideas.

zoll3

Reaction score
Yeah , your right .. well i think then when igot time , i will make a complete guide about hosting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.