Two 'Problems' (Checking if a player has an amount of lumber)

Aserpent

Reaction score
Firstly, I'm not sure how to check if a player has a certain amount of resources, I couldn't find anything in conditions or events, then there's the second problem - My friend has told me that it's possible to add a Lumber cost icon to an ability (Like a building, where it has the lumber icon and the amount required next to it)
I'm not sure if what my friend said is true, he said he doesn't know how but he's seen others do it.

Of course, both problems would be solved in one fell swoop if there were a way to make abilities actually cost lumber and have the icon.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
You can use the ability Charge Gold and Lumber to create an ability that would cost lumber to activate. You would have to trigger whatever effects you would want the ability to have though. Also, you can check if a player has a certain amount of lumber by using an Integer Comparison, Player - Player Property.

Aserpent

Reaction score
You can use the ability Charge Gold and Lumber to create an ability that would cost lumber to activate. You would have to trigger whatever effects you would want the ability to have though. Also, you can check if a player has a certain amount of lumber by using an Integer Comparison, Player - Player Property.

Okay, I've done all this, but something very odd is happening.

The ability will subtract the lumber, yet the cooldown, sound, cast time, effect and any triggers that depend upon it will not work at all - as if the player did not even click it, 'tis very confusing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.