Ultimate ability - need ideas

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Hi. :)

I'm having a problem and that is ... yes ... I have run out of ideas. It's as if my brain has been completely flushed out of my system and made a mess on an antique Persian rug that I have not paid for. Anyway.

The kind of ability I'm looking for is ... well, epic abilities. Something large-scale and powerful (a.k.a. an ultimate ability). So I hope some of you can help me. I'll try and give +rep to all those who have given an idea, even if I won't use it.

Thanks in advance! :D

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Chaotic Rush

Description:
The hero releases powerful scream , making unit's run in fear for 2.5 seconds . After the effect dissapears , there is 35% Chance that ''screamed'' unit will be forced to attack you for 3 seconds.

Blood of The God:

Description:
Releases an orb to the targeted field . After 3 seconds , many spirits are created and they grab each unit which is close to that spot . Unit's that are chased down can not move for 3 seconds, and they take 15 Damage per 0.5 seconds for 2 seconds.

Fire Storm:

Description:
When hero casts an ability , there is 20% Chance that will release an additional damage.

-If the triggered ability is targetable , then it deals 20 Damage and silences for 2 seconds.

- If the triggered ability is AoE , then it deals 45 Damage and 20 Damage DPS after the effect.

mirrorman1de

Cool Member
Reaction score
maybe you tell us what kind of game you are creating and what the heroes are like?

some ideas:
Master of Thieves - Steal items from other heroes or just vanish and reappear with random high level item. (blink animation) also useful to evade from combat
Sentence to Death - Kill enemy unit instantly (revive animation)
Sway of the Stars - Reset all ability cooldowns of friendly units in area
Cadaverous Bloom - creates some plants that regenerate life like moonwells (limited amount), when a unit dies, it is converted to another plant

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Twin Storm (two units need to cast this within 8 seconds of eachother to work)
- Spikes fall twords all enemies on the map, if the spikes critically hit on an enemy hero, 3 more sets of spikes fall twords the enemies. (only the first wave can crit)

Sythatius
- Rips a vortex at the target location, 5 minions spawn (each minion does something like an omnislash to last till the end of the vortex). Enemy units are sucked twords the vortex, after 7 seconds, the vortex explodes and causes all enemy units to be flung outwards.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
It's a theme-free map. I can just adjust the ideas to fit each Hero. :)
Oh, and thanks for the ideas. Might need more though ideas though. +rep

Izanagi

Reaction score
Blind Devotion

The hero receives a 300% damage boost and +16 armor for 30 seconds after which he/she is stunned and untargetable by spells for an additional 30 (sort of a make or break gambit, as unless you have adequate forces to defend your hero after the buff wears off, he/she is definitely going down).

Call of the Wild

The targeted enemy forces in this AoE spell are converted into Treants under the command of the casting hero. This is a channeling spell meaning that as soon as the Hero is attacked or performs any other action, the Treants will revert to their original unit-types and return to enemy control. However, they will have a 10-second stun and will retain any damage taken as Treants.

Infestation

An AoE spell that poisons and deals damage to all enemy units in a given region. For every enemy slain under the effects of Infestation, a Crypt Beetle is created.

You Brought Me Back?

Another channeling spell. For the next 20 seconds, EVERY enemy unit slain will be resurrected as a Ghoul under the channeling hero's control.

Not my best ideas, I think, but I hope they're of some help.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
The You Brought Me Back spell is very interesting. +rep

And to all who will post their ideas, here's something that I really need soon. A large, AoE Nuke kind of spell with side-effects. If you can give some ideas I will be ever so grateful and of course, +rep for you. :D

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Blood devastation
icons_569_btn.jpg

Instantly kills a targeted non-hero unit exploding it in a massive explosion dealing immense damage in a medium AOE. Nearby-non hero units that get killed by this will also explode creating a chain reaction. The next explosion will deal 1.5 times more damage than the first one. This spell also damages allies.

Also you can do a Corpse Explosion spell instead of this that can only be casted on a corpse (dead unit) and that explodes also causing chain reaction to nearby corpses creating massive explosions and blood everywhere. :D

Voodoo sacrifice
icons_556_btn.jpg

Caster starts to lose 5% of hp per second and deals the same amount of drained hp (not percentage) to a targeted unit. If the caster takes damage by an enemy unit the damage done per second to the targeted unit increases by the same damage done to the caster. If the caster dies during channel, the target will also die. Caster and the target cannot die by the spell, if one of them gets to 1 hp the channel stops. Cast range is global, player can also type name of a target hero that needs to be cursed.
Channeling

if you don't get the spell here is an example:

The caster curses an enemy unit with the spell.
Caster has 1000 max hp.
So it will drain 50 hp from the caster and from the targeted unit.

Then caster suddenly takes 50 damage from an enemy hero.
The curse will then drain 50 + 50 damage per second from the target.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Voodoo Sacrifice is a very scary spell ... imagine if all these units are hitting your hero. Imagine the amount of drained hp then. :D Thanks anyway. +rep

I still need more ideas, people! I would like it if somebody did some ice spells too. That would be great.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Gods Playing Field
- Each ice ability has a chance to freeze the target to place. Once frozen, all abilities cast against the target are doubled, also if the ability cast is a ice ability, an icicle is hurled quickly dealing 1.5x ATTRIBUTE

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Thanks. :D

EDIT
: Can't +rep yet, MagnaGuard. But the next time I see you, I'll remember to give you the rep you deserve. :)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
maybe a funny icy spell xD?

Ice path
Creates an invisible ice path at target location (caster and his allies can see the path). Any unit that passes over it will slide to the other side of the path and will have x% chance to fell down (maybe play a death animation) taking x damage and be unable to move/attack for x seconds. If you place multiple paths one near another the unit will slide longer and take more damage on fall. This spell maybe sounds lame but its very useful actually. You can create an invisible path that leads to your base or bunch of your allied heroes to get the enemy hero into death :D

Duration of the path is X seconds (the ice needs to melt someday :p)

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Intriguing spell, but unfortunately I have no clue how to trigger that spell. But thanks anyway, it could be the basis for some of my future spells. :D

Razed

Reaction score
Some ideas...

Avenge
Puts you in an enraged state after seeing an ally fall in battle. All damage caused increased by 50% and increases attack speed by 25% for 7 seconds. Only usable after a nearby ally's death (if not used within 3 seconds, it will become unusable again).

Unstoppable Fury (Melee Class)
Unleashes your deepest fury. Increases damage caused by 150%, attack speed by 75%, but reduces your movement speed by 60% for 12 seconds. When the effect ends you become exhausted (stunned) for 5 seconds and be more vulnerable to damage.

Mind Swap (Magical Class)
Embraces the target with chaotic magic, stealing the image of the targeted enemy for own use. Once transformed you gain full health and mana, and the abilities of the target. Lasts 30 seconds.

Seed of Hate
Infects the enemy with a Seed of Hate. All damage caused to the target is increased by 25% and 75% of all damage done by the target is converted to his own. Lasts 8 seconds.

Ring of Fire (Magical Class)
Creates a Ring of Fire around the targeted enemy for 4 seconds. All damage caused by enemies caught inside the Ring of Fire is increased by 50%, but after the 4 seconds are over the ring explodes and all enemies caught inside will instantly die. <-- (might be overpowered but you can adjust it a lol bit.)

Scream of Anger
Screams out with an Angry scent in your voice. All damage caused by you and nearby allies is increased by 30% for 10 seconds. Only usable when under 25% of total health.

-- Remember that these abilities are a few things I thought were creative. I don't know how to script or trigger them, that's up to you and your fellow comrades :) Good Luck!

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
All damage caused to the target is increased by 25% and 75% of all damage done by the target is converted to his own.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Could you give an example maybe? Thanks for the ideas though, I might just use some.

Razed

Reaction score
All damage caused to the target is increased by 25% and 75% of all damage done by the target is converted to his own.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Could you give an example maybe? Thanks for the ideas though, I might just use some.

Well, aslong the debuff is active on the target he takes 25% more damage. AND aslong as the debuff is active, 75% of all the damage he does to a target is something he takes aswell.

Little example;
Warrior with Seed of Hate debuff hits <enemy> for 100 damage. <Enemy> takes 100 damage, Warrior takes 75 damage (due debuff).

He just damages himself for 75% of his own damage done to a target.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Undying Avenger
When killed, causes the user to rise as an invunerable shade of his former self for another 15 seconds to wreak havoc on his enemies and avenge himself. When he kills enough enemies in this state, he can use their life energy to once again return to the living.

Acid Rain
Forces an acid rain to fall down from the sky and melt the skin from all who oppose the user of this horrible spell. Deals 12 damage per second on a global radius and reduces the armor of all affected units by 0.1 for each second the rain lasts. Lasts for a random duration between 15 and 30 seconds.

Mighty Hold
Grabs the target, completely preventing him from preforming any action or movement, and preventing the user from attacking or casting any more spells. Though the users movement is reduced to 50% of its original, he can still move around and drag the victim along with him. Lasts for 6 seconds.

Bursting Bubble
Creates a bubble out of pure mana. The user will channel for up to 8 seconds, causing the bubble to increase in size every second. When the user moves or reaches the 8th second, the bubble will burst. This sends a shockwave into every direction, dealing (seconds channeled x 45) damage and knocking all affected units back by (seconds channeled x 70) distance.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. I might use the bubble ability w/o the knockback, 'coz my map has a lot of boundaries and there might be region trouble ... Acid Rain is interesting, though. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.